My Wife!

"Don't do this! Please!" I pleaded with my teary eyes looking at his impassive eyes.

"My love, you know how many times you messed with me? Now it's my turn to mess with you." He replied smirking cruelly.

Holding the mangalsutra in both hands he slowly came near me and leaned to my face and whispered in my ears.

"I'll make sure this night be an unforgettable one for both of us too."

Those words made my eyes widen in shock there was one thought in my mind now. He won't do it? Will he?

Before I could think further more or talk back to him, I felt the mangalsutra sliding up to my neck. Richard was still close to my face. He tied the mangalsutra on my neck. The mangalsutra is a necklace said to be a married women's identity. It'll be tied by her husband on her neck claiming her as his own. It is a pure and religious thing which Richard was sure will tie down me with him.

***

A tear escaped from her eyes. I moved back and saw Kritika keeping her eyes shut tight while tears were continuously flowing down her cheeks. That scene broke me. I never wanted to see her eyes tear up that way ever because of anyone but here I, myself was the reason behind her sadness but I promised myself that I'll make sure she never grieve because of this again. I would never let her have regrets. I, Richard De Vil the King of sins will never let my wife be sad ever again. I will be soft only to this girl. I will try living like a good man only for her. But it was necessary for me to marry her this way.

***

I still couldn't believe this all. I opened my eyes and saw Richard standing infront of me with a smirk, a satisfied smirk of getting what he wanted from a long time. At last he won. He proved thar he gets everything that he wants. I looked to my side to see Kaira if she was ok and Kaira was in Lucas's arms safe. He was carrying her. When I looked back to Richard I saw him take the vermillion (sindoor). He then lifted his arms up and applied the vermillion on my forehead. It was always my dream to have a grand wedding with my parent's blessing but all my ideas were destroyed in a moment. My mistake was misunderstanding Richard De Vil, after all he was a Mafia King. My parents didn't even knew their daughter got married. How pathetic I am.

At last the pandit ji told him to make me wear the Garland and he did so but I was not daring to put the Garland on Richard. I insisted to do it.

"Kritika, don't waste my time!" He spoke fiercely.

His firm voice scared me and without any delay I made Richard wear the Garland. I couldn't disobey him, I was weak at this point, helpless and powerless. And then suddenly he lifted me up and walked around the fire which was the last ritual, the part for vows which none of us recited . And at last the rituals were done and I became his only. I became his wife. I looked worn out and I was weeping, I was devastated. I didn't knew what to do. I felt more hate towards him and I wanted to kill him at that moment but I couldn't. I knew I could do nothing but to accept this situation. No one will come to help me at this moment because my people didn't even knew where I went and why. They didn't knew if I was in danager or not. Yes, I was a fool to take things silly. The thing that hurt me more was the thoughts that Richard did this for his benefits and not out of love. Atleast for a moment I wished if he had real feelings for me.

Richard held my hands tight again and dragged me to his car but that's when I suddenly thought about what he said about the coming night. I gathered my left out energy and stopped on my way making Richard turn back to me. I refused to go with him. I was struggling to get away from his grip again but it was so tight and strong.

"Leave me Richard I'm not coming with you." I yelled.

"My wifie, don't test my patience." He spoke maintaining his coolness.