Why Dad?

Afterall they left, I was checking those jewelries they brought and yeah, they're so pretty and expensive too. I was curious to know how much they're worth, so as I have many friends around the world who are in different fields I asked one of them who is experienced in jewelry related field about it and got to know that they're specially made and particularly chosen also so damn expensive. That Richard guy is really rich. Hold up, I didn't see that girl today, his so-called personal assistant Mia, Whatever why should I care? But I wonder what's her motive.

***

-On phone-

"Yo girl, why didn't you check my messages today?" My best friend Kaira asked me furiously.

"Oh, I'm sorry babe. I was a bit busy with my HUBBY." I exaggerated.

"Mmm mmm ok, WAIT WHAT??? HUBBY??? BIT*H, YOU GOT MARRIED WITHOUT TELLING ME?" Kaira burst out into numerous questions and I had to keep my phone away from my ears due to her loud exasperations.

"Aish calm down girl, I'm not married yet. I was actually about to call you for informing everything. My marriage is fu*king fixed without my interest." I stated apathetically.

"What the heck are you talking about? What really happened there in my absence, huh?" Kaira asked purely concerned.

"Ok listen, so basically the guy whom I insulted some days ago regarding the argument of a plot came to meet me with his family and fixed the so damn wedding." I explained briefly yet convincingly.

"Woah that's it? You idiot, are you kidding me?" She questioned and I did expected her to react this way.

"Girl, I insulted him pretty bad that day and you know Isaac? He died that same day." I added more context.

"Wait he died or was killed?"

"There are rumors that he was murdered but no confirmations." I said with the same doubt she arised.

"Why do I think that this guy err- what is his name?"

"Richard, Richard De Vil!" I trumpeted.

"Yeah, I dare say Richard wants revenge from you for insulting him." She spoke making me feel a bit scared.

"Girl, he can kill me, can't he? But why marrying?" I justified because I wanted not to jump into a conclusion.

"Maybe he want you to suffer forever with him?"

"Kai, you're scaring me." I said with a tint of fear in my tone.

"I'm just saying facts KriKri." She mocked.

"I informed Nick and he said he will look into it."

"Mm stay safe, ok? Well now as you got your hubby, will you forget me,  huh?" She tried teasing me.

"Dumbo, I was just kidding don't say that, how can I forget my babe?"

"Me too was just kidding. Now tell me what all things happened today."

"Many things, actually it's good you called I didn't wanted to say these through texts because you know I'm lazy right?"

"Oh yeah I know you're my lazy head." Kaira said while chuckling.

"Richard and his mom came home today." I said rolling my eyes eventhough I knew she can't see that through phone.

"Oh they already started establishing a strong relationship?"

"Yeah girl everything is so suspicious."

"True, I agree." She accepted.

I then told Kaira everything that happened from the start till now. Kaira is my best friend whom I trusts and loves a lot. I told her about Mia too.