Race

After pleading, Richard let go of me unwantedly in an unpleasant manner. Soon after the grip of his hands bound around me loosened, I ran away from him not even looking back at him trying to follow Shruti, to catch a glimpse of her. She was nowhere to be found and I headed towards the parking lot where a lot of cars were parked making it hard for me to notice a girl dressed in black casual wear with minimal jewellery, currently burning up in anger trying to destroy everything possible and Agni trying to calm down her temper because Agni never leaves her side. I know Shruti better than anyone else and yet I let her down multiple times even after knowing how bad that will hurt her but all those times I was left with no other choice and now too. I pondered upon how Nick will be feeling and what all explanations Kaira will be making up to defend me and herself. Kaira was stuck and struggling in between all the issues being unable to let go of any of the things from her life to solve the problems. All of us were stuck in our own twisted intermingled lives.

I kept on turning my head violently to all sides to find Dreamy and at last luckily I spotted her going towards her car to get inside of it and Agni nowhere near her to be seen. I was sure she would drive off even if she saw me at this moment so I had to catch her before she got inside the car. Automatically my steps became hasty and then in no time it converted into a run. I was too focused on stopping Shruti and trying to convince her that I lost my sense of the place I was at. I was carelessly moving towards her and I did not notice a car deadly coming towards me at an unstoppable speed.

"Shruti!" I shouted from behind to get her attention and when she hatefully turned towards me her expression instantly changed into great panic and shock which I failed to know was because of seeing a car coming towards me which will hit me at any moment.

"Watch out!" She screamed, making me stop on my track and at last see the car from which I understood I can't escape. I was so occupied with my own thoughts and because of that I am about to lose my life. My whole world stopped moving and I stood there as if waiting for it to hit me but why did my mind tell me that it was something I deserved for the pain I gave to my loved ones?

I shut my eyes tight and expected a sudden hit by the car which could probably uproot me from the ground and throw me away but an unexpected push from behind by someone made me open my eyes and fall forward, missing the rushing car but it did hit someone, the person who saved me.

I felt buzzing in my ears, I felt my head whirling, I felt my eyesight getting blurry. And I heard Shruti scream once again and that made me terrified.

"Agni!!!" Shruti's voice so loud and clear echoing everywhere was enough to make me realise my life saviour was none other than Agni. I while still crawling on the ground with my lost senses turned my head to the side. I never wish to witness such a situation and yet I had to see Agni lying on the ground motionless, opposite and far from me on the bloody floor which was caused by the painful blood dripping injuries on his body from the accident. I stood up from the ground struggling while feeling numb. I became mute and deaf unable to analyse what had just happened and then I noticed something strange written on a paper lying beside me.

"Next save your big bro if possible"

The unrecognisable anonymous text filled horror inside me as well as helped me come back to reality and then the background voices and scene became clear to me. My eyes opened and my mind too. I ran to Agni helping people take him to emergency and Dreamy was crying miserably just like how I saw Kaira moments ago. She followed him without noticing me. And I stood there alone being clueless.

Save my big bro? I thought for a minute and that is Shakti! No! Is he the next one getting in trouble? Suddenly everything made sense. That little piece of paper was like a piece of the puzzle I nedeed to clear in order to clear all problems from my life. Lucas and I were attack by the same people, maybe hurting Agni too was in their plan. Now next in danger is Shakti. I must go to him. I must save him. Even if that piece of information turns out to be deceiving, yet I impetuously searched for my car key and headed towards my car to go to my brother when someone pulled me from behind unexpectedly and spoke.

"Where are you going? Are you ok?" The husky voice filled with worry was enough for me to understand who that was. Richard looked worried seeing my frightened attitude but I had no time to waste on explaining everything to him. Time was precious and not returnable.

"Richard, I must go. Leave me!" I struggled to free my hands from his grip as he frowned in confusion but he was too determined to not let go of me.

"You almost got killed, Fairy!" His sudden yell startled me.

"If you don't leave me, others will get killed!" I yelled back at him in frustration and taking the chance of his bewilderment I freed my hands and ran to my car followed by him. But thankfully I could get inside and lock the door before he caught me.

"You're leaving to nowhere!" He shouted standing near the door banging on the window as I started the car engine but then I saw him going somewhere else and freeing my path which I knew was not for something good and he definitely had other ideas to win his way. Without thinking much I as fast as possible twisted and turned my car, Range Rover Evoque leaving the hospital garage in seconds. I was driving as fast as I could in that dreadful traffic trying to maintain safety but more than myself I was worried about others. Soon later it became clear to me where Richard was headed in the garage, leaving me on my own which he will never do. A black Audie r8 car appeared behind my Evoque honking tremendously. He was following me, trying to stop me but I had no intention of surrendering. It was the quest of life of the people I love for which I was ready to do anything. I continuously rang Shakti bro's and his wife's phone alternately and each time the call wasn't picked made me anxious to the extent that by now my heart was racing and I pressed the accelerator hard. Me and Richard by now turned the chase into a race on the road regardless of the other vehicles that were present.

I ignored Richard's phone calls in the struggles of calling my brother and his family. I then called my people, ordering them to go looking for my brother and his family but I knew they couldn't track them. I tried calling Nick to warn him of danger but he intentionally avoided me. Richard was right behind me. My car is in the lead but for how long? His car could easily catch up with me but afterall more than cars what matters is who is the one controlling it.

He is trying to get ahead of me but traffic is blocking me. I'm sure my man doesn't know that his wife is a racer who never failed before anyone. There have been moments where I held onto the steering wheel and accelerator for my dear life. My skills in driving helped me drive effortlessly through the narrow gaps of other vehicles expecting Richard to get stuck in that traffic but as always Richard again kept on amazing me with his knowledge and power. He too was a great racer, maybe better than me because now we came side by side with each other. His car was now equal to mine and he kept honking and I kept accelerating. I looked at him, who was already looking at me from his car furiously. I couldn't let him follow me to the secret place I was headed to and to make him lose me I instantly drifted my car taking an unexpected turn that he did not see coming. I felt relieved after driving for a while because he wasn't following me anymore and I left him behind but I was very wrong when I saw his car getting right ahead of me with no warnings. The car race we held on the highway childishly with very unsafe speed made me sure we both were doomed and this is going to be a police issue but all I cared about now was saving my brother. I called Richard from my phone because I was losing the race and now all I could do was talk to him, make him understand the need of me to win the race.

"Richard, please move the fu*k out of my way!" I shouted impatiently through the phone to receive a soft chuckle from him.

"Lower your voice if you don't want me to stop you right here and now to take you with me." The demand and threat in his voice as usual scared me because I knew he would do what he said.

"Enough with racing, I will let my wife win this time. So I will follow you to wherever you are going instead of stopping you. So keep driving like a good girl." He said and cut his call before I could speak and he decreasing the speed moved his car to the side for me so that i can get ahead and I did so. He followed behind me to Shakti bro's place.