Best Friends Forever

"Kriti?" Kaira called me.

"Mmm?" I hummed in response.

"Will everything be alright?" Kaira asked me out of nowehere making me confused and stumble upon how to reply.

"I-I don't kn-ow." I stuttered.

"Will we get our lovers?" Kaira asked again. Her each questions were like a big question mark in my life.

"Kai? I-" I couldn't complete my sentence because I didn't know how to.

"I know Kritu, I know you're speechless. But assure me please." Kaira asked me. Never in my life I've got unable to answer in a situation but now I couldn't even reassure her because even I was not sure about anything.

After Nick, Shruti and all left except the guards outside, me and Kaira came and layed down on the bed, staring at the ceiling while reminiscing about everything that happened. That's when Kaira started to speak. Her voice showed fear, I could understand her situation. The feeling that she is getting now, I started feeling the same long ago fron when Richard confessed his feelings for me. It was hard to maintain the not care attitude infront of him. Me and Richard both knew our love for eachother. It was me who avoided him. How could I love the person who wants to kill someone who saved my life once? Verma uncle is the reason why I'm still alive. How could I betray the person to whom I'm debted with my life? Infront of my dignity, I tried killing my love for Richard, but he revived it, he brought my love back to life and now his love for me is killing me as well as keeping me alive. I'm lost but I know he will come find me. What is going on in my life? What should I do? I don't know!

"Kai?" I called her.

"Yes, Kriti?" She answered expecting some good words from me.

"I can assure you this. You and Lucas will live together no matter what. Even if I have to sacrifice many things, I will not let your life get destroyed because of my tangled up story." As I finished saying it I could see Kaira's expression changing into a dissatisfied one.

"What do you think Kriti? That I will live a good life by letting my bestfriend fall in a deep grave? I'm ready to kill myself for you and infront of you I-I am even ready to sac-rfice my lo-v-e." Kaira's voice was breaking as she talked. I know my Kai, she will never let anything happen to me but it's my duty to atleast save her life when my own is falling apart. I talked no further more. I was stroking Kai's hair and making her calm down. She was really exhausted so was I? I comforted her and watched her sleep and made sure she's fine.

"Yo bit*h! You know what? That so-called Aniya cursed me and insulted me!" I spoke in rage to Kaira explaining what happened.

"WHAT?? How dare she?? Where is she now, huh?"

"Hey hey Kai calm down it's fine." I tried clearing it off.

"What's fine? Insulting you? Insulting my Kritika?" Kaira seemed really pissed off by what happened to me.

"Bu-t Kai-" I tried stopping her.

"Shut up and come with me!" Saying this Kaira dragged me by hands to where Aniya, my bully was present.

Seeing us Aniya stood up and started talking sh*t about us again but before she could complete what she was saying, a big slap landed on Aniya's cheeks hard enough to make her cheeks redden at that instant.

"Don't you dare hurt my Kritika! Try it again and it won't just end in a slap." That was all what Kaira said and then she made her way out of there while still holding my hands. I looked back and saw Aniya standing there with puffy eyes. That day I understood Kaira's love for me and decided to keep her for life.