Kritika, Ally Or Enemy?

"I will flee from this country as soon as possible." He said distressingly.

"Sir, that will be hard bec-"

"Richard and his people are keeping an eye on me? I know Agni, I know that and that is why Nick, me and you are going to play a game that will blind Richard's eyes opening a way for me to escape."

Rakesh Verma and Nick were talking about a method to escape from Richard because Verma was slowly getting convinced that for him, it's neither death nor losing everything. Staying in India in Richard's presence was a bad idea so Verma decided to get away from there and gather up some power with the help of Verma's allies who could help him stand against Richard but first of all Verma needed to elude from DeVil.

***

"What are you doing here!?" Lucas's thunderous voice gave an exaggerated startle to Mia who was trying to peep into Lucas's room.

"Uhh uhh oh you're here? I wa-s uhh looking for y-ou." She replied with a horrified look.

"For what?" He asked coldly with zero interest.

"Ummm that actually- to put- no, I mean to see you because Richard sir asked me to do some work."

"So?" Lucas raised his eyebrows questioning what Mia actually intended to say.

'So- so I wanted you to help me to get there." Mia made up some reasons.

"Alright what do you want me to do?"

"Umm help me to go to meet Kritika?"

"Kritika?" He frowned.

"Yes, Richard told me to go meet Kritika and give her a parcel." Mia tried sounding plausible.

"Fine. I will do what I can to not let you get caught by our rivals." Lucas assented.

"Oh thank you." Mia said showing her usual venomous smile.

"Still standing here? Go away, do your work instead of acting like a spy." Lucas said with hate. The advice not to be a spy said by Lucas scared Mia, making her drop the smile. She tried her best not to make her shock visible on face and without talking more, she left the place in a hurry not looking back at Lucas. From the day Lucas got doubt on Mia talking with her non existing niece, he started suspecting her but Mia cunningly hid her secrets and covered up every possible suspicion against her but still Lucas never trusted or believed her.

"Aah fu*k, why did he have to come there on time? I would have successfully plotted my plan in his absence." Mia muffled under her breath as she swiftly moved away from there. She was not there to meet Lucas, genuinely she was there to put poison in his food or drink. She was checking if Lucas was in his room or not in order to proceed with her plan but for her unluck and for Lucas's luck, he appeared precisely on time.

***

I'm back at my office after a very long pause. My employees didn't seem very happy with my arrival because they would've been happy and free in my absence. Whatever, now I must focus on my work. I assume that my attention had been diverted from these all before long resulting in the poor ongoing of the projects and works that were initialised during my active presence. My dad will definitely be upset if he finds out how lazy and careless I have been when he was afar. My dad has been abroad multiple times but never till now I let any default happen in the work and that's exactly why dad trusts me with everything so I must not let him down.

I was busy correcting the files and documents when Neha, my secretary in absence of Tony, entered my office. "What's it?" I asked without altering my sight from the work I was doing.

"Ma'am, miss Mia Hudson, Devil Enterprise's CEO Richard De Vil's personal assistant is here to meet you."

Hearing that I tilted my head towards Neha and asked "Why?" Curiously.

"She said she has something to deliver to you from Richard De Vil." Neha explained.

"Let her in." I ordered as I kept my files aside waiting for Mia. She entered and I offered her a seat. She was holding a shopping bag that seemed to be from a luxurious brand. I placed my arms on the table. And leaning, I rested my chin on my intertwined hands as I examined her.

"I must ask you the reason for your unexpected visit." I asked vehemently.

"I am here to hand over something sir, Richard told me to give you." Mia spoke with an aloof expression.

"Thank you for your help. You may leave the parcel there." I implied.

"And one more thing." Mia said as she stood up. "This is not a message from sir but from me. You soon will face a situation where you will regret getting in my way in the first place. Never say that I didn't warn you miss- oh my bad. Mrs De Vil!" Mia completed her intimidating remarks by giving extra hate and fierceness to the name mentioned, Mrs. De Vil which I knew was something she desired to have.

"Try your best to harm me. I would love to see you try." I said dispassionately unbothered by her blathering. And then she strode out of my room slamming the door hard. I let out a sigh as she left and picked up the parcel she left. There was a note written inside for Mrs. De Vil. Yes, for me. It was from Richard. I took it and read.

"How're you doing my wifey? I will soon be meeting you. Be ready at 6. I will come and get you from where you will be at that moment.
~ with love, your Devil."

I kept the note down and I was dazed. Is he mad or what? He wants to take me out when everyone is watching over mine and his movements? I tried calling Richard but it said he was busy so I dropped the idea of turning him down from meeting me. Afterall I promised to accommodate him whenever he desired. And that promise was the reason why he let me go from his mansion. After abandoning my worries putting my weights upon God believing he have reasons for everything, I took a look at the rest of the things that were left in the bag for me. There was a very beautiful sparkly pink gown with a beautiful pair of dazzling elegant statement earrings covered in gems. There were magnificent high heels too that were fuchsia pink in colour complementing the gown. Richard never forgets to leave an outstanding matching outfit for me. His fashion sense always impresses me.

***

"Agni! I cannot let this continue. We have to do something to make Kritika loathe him." Shruti berated her anger for others at Agni.

"She did hated him, didn't she? But look at her now. Highly influenced by him, she is deeply in love and failed to recall us. She forgot everything and averted to that atrocious Richard." Agni said with dismay.

"She still haven't turned against us. If she did then we would've already experienced something worse, Agni." Shruti responded with hopes.

"You still believe her?" Agni said rolling his eyes annoyingly.

"I do, of course I do. I know her. She will never do something to hurt us. But in order to not let her get hurt from Richard, I will take her away from him. I will distant her from him for sure." Shruti said with determination. Little did Kritika know what all evil plans were getting plotted to destroy Richard and hers love. Mia was also carefully well designing her idea.