No, No, No!

***

I went straight up to Kaira's house soon after informing Richard about the sudden trouble that had come up. Seeing my car, Kaira came out of her house. I was sweating as I bit my lips in confusion and agony. I did not know how to confront Kaira who came up to me enthusiastically.

"Why an unexpected visit, huh? Come in, let's have some tea and talk. I did miss you." She said smiling brightly and I could not gather myself up to smile back at her. Sometimes Kaira does surprise me with how accurately she reads my mind and understands my heart. She never fails to notice the unusual changes in me just like how this time too she noticed I was distressed and disturbed by something. 

She frowned as she asked "What is the matter this time? Who is in trouble?" Her voice turned quickly, seriously steady and still. No playfulness or happiness showed any more on her face.

"Kai." I spoke but could not say out everything that I plotted inside my head. Kaira's face seemed anguished and worried of the heartbreaking news that awaited her.

"Kritika, please. Say it! You are scaring me." She requested and I let out a deep sigh and spoke at last. 

"Lucas, he-he got hospitalised." I said holding in much more of what I actually intended to say not meeting my eyes with hers and she let out a loud shriek of unbelief. 

"NO!" She shouted as water filled her eyes, blurring her vision.

"Wh-hy why? Wh-at happe-ned to hi-m?" She struggled to speak as she gulped hard because her throat was drying up and heart was getting heavy.

"We will talk about it once we reach the hospital. Now get in the car, Kai." I spoked trying to maintain my cool. I did not have the courage to explain exactly what happened to him because I was sure my Kaira would get a serious shock listening to the whole story. 

"Just tell me he is o-k. He is fine." Kaira asked again, trying to find a reason to calm herself down. She wanted to convince herself that the man she loves was safe and sound but yet some parts of her kept on chanting something strange to her that something serious had happened to her man.

"Ye-yes he is." I intentionally had to lie and I felt guilty saying about him being in good condition because I couldn't see my Kai like this, more heartbroken and perturbed. And then she got inside the car without another word and we set off to the hospital, the whole ride was filled with her sobbing and I felt more bad for her. As we reached there she hurried to the casualty and she was pacing forward so fast that I struggled to keep up with her steps.

"No no no!" Kaira's soft mutters kept on slipping from her mouth while she walked hurriedly to the hospital room where Lucas was admitted. I was right behind her trying to catch up with her fast steps. Kaira tried peeping inside the room through the glass of the door as she reached in front of Lucas's room to get a glance of him while she kept on murmuring to herself.

I kept on staring at Kaira being restless in helplessness. I knew how she was feeling. I imagined myself in her place and I would have reacted the same way or maybe more violently. I understood Kaira had gotten a quick glance of Lucas covered in blood and bandages as she suddenly started crying more loudly and miserably.  Till now what kept her going was the thought that Lucas was actually fine and would have casually welcomed her at the hospital saying she did not have to hurry up so worriedly to meet him and that he was completely fine and will never get seriously injured. But Kaira was never ready to accept the irony of the situation. 

"Why did you lie?" Kaira questioned me as I tried making her stand up because she was kneeling down in front of the door crying her heart out. I did not have any answer to give her. All I could do was mutter sorry for lying about Lucas's condition. 

***

Nick entered the scene holding a cup of coffee just to witness Kaira, a person whom Nick sees as his own sister sitting on the ground crying and whining like a child who has lost something very precious of hers. The scene broke Nick knowing she was doing it all for someone for whose pitiful state she must be heartily laughing instead of crying. Nick felt bad for not recognising how two of his little sisters were deceived by the devil and his disciple. Shruti and Agni were the ones from whom Nick got to know about Kritika and Kaira's secret relationships about which he soon was ready to confront them both and try turning them down from persuading further steps in their forbidden love. Nick wished he could turn back time. He even regretted saving Lucas. Nick wanted to scold Kaira, shake her hard until she come back to her senses and realise she was mourning for someone she must have tried killing by herself but he couldn't, he couldn't do it because it was totally useless and those thoughts made him hold on to the cup of coffee tightly making it compress a bit and that is when Kritika noticed Nick who was standing behind them looking extremely unsettled and furious. 

"Nick?" Kritika uttered and Kaira looked up at him with her puffy eyes. 

"Brother, bro-ther, Th-ank you. Thanks a lot for showing mer-cy at Lucas. You saved hi-m. But-but will he li-ve? Will he be alright?" Kaira's voice continuously broke as she tried hard to speak out all those words. She stood and went to Nick holding his hands as she asked Nick desperately about Lucas not noticing how unhappy Nick looked. 

"I hope he dies a painful death soon!" Nick let out his sharply prickling sudden words which shocked Kaira as well as made her broken heart bleed.

***

"Lucas Delaney. He is admitted where?" A thunderous voice resonated making everyone in the hall startled. The owner of the voice scared everyone around him with the strange aura that was surrounding him. It felt like a storm was approaching which will finish off many things soon. The loss of someone special can definitely make someone go crazy for vengeance and Richard was at the brink of losing his control waiting for a further update on Lucas's condition which will decide who, how and why will die shortly in a while. The devil was ready to punish, to send some souls to hell.