Fear!

"It's alright. He is no longer in a critical stage. It's all luck."

"Th-anku thanks a lot. Uhh can I? Can I please see him? Just once?" Kaira spoke with hope filled eyes that spilled out tears of agony. The news she heard from the doctor got her to the clouds. Because she got to know that the heart of the man who took her heart will not come to a halt that quick. 

"Sorry miss, we cannot allow that." Destroying her wish, the doctor was about to move ahead when she stopped him on track and started begging. All that she wanted was to see him by herself and confirm that he was doing ok. Being not able to handle the depressing and desperation of a helpless woman, the doctor at last gives in and lets her meet the love of her life within a limited time. She quickly rushes to his room in delight of what she learned from the doctor because there came a moment when her silly mind even gave a conclusion to Kaira and Lucas's love story with the title death so the feeling of knowing her man is back to life was more than happiness. Love is crazy that it makes a human go crazy too.

Lucas laid on the bed unconscious with bandages all over his body. 'How could he even think of surrendering to death when his woman was literally living in this world dreaming of the future of them together?' Kaira thought to herself as she checked out Lucas's unpleasant state. She remembered her first meeting with him. He was stunning and attractive as usual and also caught her attention easily. It would be appropriate to say it was a love at first sight for her, so was it for him? Even though he never disclosed it still this was the truth that he too fell for her before she even fell for him. A match made in heaven but too unlucky to live together on earth. God kept on testing their love for each other in various forms but both were determined to not give up on each other. 

Kaira moved slower towards him, touching his face softly. His lips looked dry and had tints of blood. His charming face was covered with bandaids and it looked pale. She kept her hand cupping his cheek as the tears from her red puffy eyes started flowing again. The pain of seeing her lover in such a pathetic state was unbearable for her.

"Luc?" She whimpered slowly in hope he would respond but all that she received was silence. After silently sobbing, unable to withstand it more, she marched out of the room.

***

"Kritika!" A loud call resonated all over the empty forest. Richard's desperate eyes looked for the woman he loved to watch all the time but she was no were to be found. Without wasting one more minute he jumped into the water diving deep down searching for the love of his life, his wife. He vigilantly searched for her underwater while praying for her to be safe. And at last he saw a small body drowning deep down as well as getting dragged along with the water to an unknown direction. Richard leaped forward towards her at once, swimming harder. He kept on getting  closer to her and at last he got a hold on her hand and pulled her unconscious body towards him which stayed motionless in that turbulent water. He held her body close and dragged her to the top of the water. He was scared to the core, he was scared something might have happened to her. He kept on swimming fast not because he wanted to save himself but because he wanted to save the woman in his hands, his wife, his life. After reaching the top of the water he tried waking her up relentlessly but there was no use and he moved to the bank of the river where the little kid was waiting for them.

Panting hardly he pulled the body of Kritika safely to the land holding her close in his embrace. He was shaking her, calling her panically but she did not answer and then he completely laid her down, checked her pulse and kissed her giving cpr. He tried all the methods he knew to revive her and by now the cold blooded eyes of the emotionless beast were pitiably teary. The little kid who sat beside her mother in astonishment moved slowly towards Kritika, her aunt and started calling her, trying to get a response from her like Richard. The kid was too young to be put into such a situation, she had no idea what was going on because one moment she was happily at home and the next moment she was dying in the water and now the most important people in her life laid beside her quiescent.

As the atmosphere was getting more and more eerie the little kid's mother came back to her senses and started coughing harshly because of being in the water a while ago. Kriti still showed no response to what Richard did and for the first time in life he felt helpless, he understood the pain of losing a loved one, he understood the pain of everything. He was crying uncontrollably as he kept on pushing her chest and he gave cpr again and again. The fear by now has completely engulfed him. He wondered was this the end?

***

"Nick? He will be fine, right? Tell me he will be!" Shruti demanded reassurance from Nick who sat beside her in despair. They were in front of the operation theatre inside which Agni was fighting for life. How true it was when someone said that all the bad luck comes together at once, that was exactly what was happening with them all. 

Nick knew what happened to Agni was serious and he also knew that Lucas's life was also hanging from a single thread which could break at any moment but he doubted that Kaira's prayer was holding it safe from destruction. Nick didn't know what answer to give Shruti, he never knew he would have to witness three of his strong incompatible sisters becoming fragile in front of three unexpected men. But the situations Nick had to face in such a short period of time helped him understand and answer many of his unanswered questions. He also realised that his sister Shruti has also fallen in love and maybe she too hasn't realised it yet or maybe she has?