Do Not Dare!

"I also wish I hadn't saved him and should have left him there to die morosely." Lucas spoke again as tears fought their way out from Kaira's eyes uncontrollably. She stopped sobbing by now and was thoroughly listening to Nick in disbelief. Nick knew he had hurt Kaira with his words but I guess Kaira had hurt Nick even more with her actions. Not just her, but me too. I also broke his trust by falling in love with his enemy, Richard, or I am wrong, Richard is not just his enemy, he was my enemy too. And seeing both Kai and Nick treating eachother like strangers, all I could do was stand a bit far watching them suffering which was heart-rending to witness. There was never a time when Nick hurt me or Kaira with his actions nor we have ever done something so wrong like this to result in him standing against us. Now I believe that falling in love can sometimes be the greatest sin someone can commit. I was already feeling sad seeing Nick and Kaira when both Agni and Shruti arrived at the scene. 

Seeing Kaira crying, Shruti as known as my Dreamy fastened her steps and came hugging Kaira looking worried, to ask her who and what made her cry and how could Shruti solve the issue or if she should kill the person who made Kai cry. But I knew very well that if Kaira let the name of Lucas slip from her mouth, as the reason for her tear, then the Shruti I am seeing now will turn into the Shruti that is cold and cruel which I dislike to see. Shruti's dark side comes out only when she is around the people or situation she hates. By now I understood that she has come to know the truth I tried hiding by seeing the hate and dissapointment in her eyes while she looked at me. The truth which is that I am now not Shruti's Fairy, but Richard's Fairy now. And I also understood that she has yet not got to know about Kaira and Lucas seeing how she became too soft for Kaira where I expected her to be rude if she knew about their love story. 

"How could you do this, Kritika?" Agni startled me with the sudden question that I used to ask myself. I did not speak anything and received a hatred filled gaze from my Dreamy which was painful to experience.

"You are speechless, huh?" Shruti asked furiously and I could not bring myself to meet her eyes because I felt too ashamed of what I had done, marrying the person who wants to kill my saviour. Nick too stood silent wishing to not hurt me even more. 

"Shruti." Suddenly Kaira spoke, making everyone's attention divert to her and I wondered what she intended to say. "I love Lucas." She admitted without any hesitation knowing very well what she was doing. Everyone present there except me looked dumbstruck with Kaira's sudden confession. Nick did know about this but still could not really believe it and hearing Kaira say openly that she loves Lucas broke Nick from inside, making him at last give up on his hopes of Kaira turning up to be joking about everything regarding Lucas. I was sure if I too admit everything, and say it out loud, that would definitely hurt them all very deeply.

"What have you done, Kaira?" Shruti spoke and she sounded hurt. Agni standing beside Shruti was looking so vexed that it did not fail to scare me a little. Shruti was too shocked to hear it. I knew she was not ready hear it after what she heard about me.

"I am sorry." Kaira said and fell silent intending not to speak anymore and grieving from inside for the situation Lucas is in now and for the situation that has caused in the name of Lucas.

"It is all because of you!" Agni shouted at me which made me jump and look at him with my teary eyes. I wished for it all to end but I had no options of running away or avoiding what had happened due to me.

"Give an answer, Kritika!" At last Nick too spoke harshly. He was the one left to hurt me with words and now the tears filled in my eyes slowly streamed down my cheeks when unexpectedly I felt a grip on my waist and someone pulling me closer.

"Do not dare to make my wife cry again if you do not wish to face the consequences!" The person standing beside me spoke exasperated with a threatening voice but it did made me feel secured and comforted. He then turned me towards him and lifted my chin, making me look at him and he wiped my tears with his hands. I did not speak anything but I knew what all thoughts were going inside everyone's mind. Nick controlled himself but Agni couldn't and he almost leapt at Richard when Shruti held his hands, stopping him. She looked at Agni and shook her head saying no to what he was about to do. Then Shruti passed me a glance which wasn't of hatred but of incredulity to my betrayal. I felt too weak to do something. I was stuck in a state where I could defend no one, even myself. 

"Kritika, I was ready to fight with anyone to prove that you are on our side and will never break our trust but are you proving me that I was too wrong and blindly believed you?" Shruti spoke and her words felt like a dagger to my heart. Richard tightened his grip on me and I felt I should not be silent anymore and see my Dreamy tolerate more pain.

"No." I spoke softly. "I can never deceive you all." I said and I could already feel Richard's stare up on me.

"Then why are you doing this, Kritu?" Nick asked and I was feeling more guilty by now.

"Kriti, come to us." Agni too asked calmly, trying his best to not lose his temper again. At that point I felt like moving towards them but Richard squeezed my waist hard not letting me do what the half of my heart wished. I looked at three of them with my sorrowful helpless eyes.

"She is going nowhere." Richard answered them in place of me even though that is not what I wished to say but I couldn't go against my husband as well.

"Who are you to say that?" Shruti bellowed at him.

"Her husband." Richard answered calmly with a smirk which was enough to bring Shruti to her fullest anger.

"Kritika! your husband has decided the best for you. Now never even come in front of my sight if you do not wish to die by my hands." She yelled, making me gasp and then she left the place stopping Agni from following her. Nick walked in the opposite direction holding Kaira who pleaded with him to forgive us but he answered. "I can't lose you too, Kai. I'm taking you with me." which made Kai go silent and go with him while looking back at me with pity. 

"You will regret this." Agni spoke to Richard for the last time before leaving me and him alone.

"Richard, I stood by your side with no disapproval. Now please let me go make it up with Shruti. I can't lose her. If I do then I can never forgive myself for that. Richard, please." I begged him with my pleading eyes which was already holding up enough tears that were ready to burst out any moment and seeing my sadness made him unwillingly let me go. This is how we ended up in this current situation. This is how I told my bestfriend about the tragic fate her lover has met.

***

When I walked towards the room Lucas was admitted, I came infront of some people blaming my wife and I defended her or else who will? I parted my ways with Lucas in the morning to the airport. When I was ready to board the plane I received the call from Kritika which left me stunned. On one side my family which was also Lucas's family was in trouble and on the other side Lucas was dying. I did not know where to go and that's when my uncle came up in my mind. He is my dad's younger brother who lives in Italy. He too is involved in mafia and I seeked his help. I asked him to handle the situation at home until my arrival and he happily agreed allowing me to go to Lucas.

***

I went to the parking lot walking fastly wanting Shruti to be there and thankfully I spotted her standing beside her car ready to get in so I hustled towards her without noticing the car that was dashing towards me.