Why?

On both ends of the hospital, people were rushing and panicking. Lucas on one side has regained his consciousness but Agni on the other side has fallen into a coma. When the one person was overjoyed in happiness, the other fell into over distress in sadness and there stood Nick in between not knowing with which sister he should stand and he also had no idea on how and where his third sister was. 

Rakesh Verma who planned to flee from the country was extremely happy hearing what happened to Richard's left hand man and was relieved by not getting any news about Richard and his people. He concluded that Richard would've given up everything in despair but little did he know that once a game is started, Richard will end it no matter what. Verma decided to go meet Lucas, to pull out his empathetic pitying drama, Verma wished to see Lucas begging for mercy under him, that's exactly how he was going to make Lucas feel.

***

"Fa-fairy? My woman? You-, will you not open your eyes? Will you lea-ve me like this? Kriti, can you?" My words came out in broken pieces resembling my broken heart. I was crying hard just like how I cried twenty years ago. That day I decided not to cry like that ever again in my life but time had kept something different for me and here I was facing it. I hugged my Kritika, I was unsure on what to do but one thing was clear in my mind. If this is where she will face her end, then that'll exactly be where I too will face my end, with my woman, where our love story ends. As I kept on sobbing a sudden gentle stroke on my hair made me stunned and I stopped wailing. I lifted my head up to look at Kritika whose eyes were now open, lips were pressed to a low thin smile. Her hands were moving, she was alive, she was back to life. My eyes widened and more tears rushed to it and I pulled her to me, hugged her tight never ever wanting to let go of her. I cried like a baby hugging her. I was delighted, I was relieved. She patted my back weakly trying to say it's okay. A moment I thought I lost everything but now again I got it all back. 

"Scared?" She mumbled in her low, tired voice. I pulled myself back and looked into her eyes and replied.

"Yes." Which made her forehead crease and talk while coughing. "The greatest of all. The cruel emotionless beast, cried for a little woman? Got scared he will lose her?"

I held her hand and looking into her sparkling eyes I answered. "My love, whoever and however I am, in front of you I am just a simple human who loves you more than myself." She smiled as I finished talking and she held my hand tighter.

"Thanks for loving me and sorry for hurting you." She said it and fell towards me as she got unconscious. I tried waking her up again but I knew I shouldn't waste anymore time so I lifted her up, carried her safely. My next intention was to get out of that place safely with my woman and her family. The little child was staring at me, maybe thinking if she should come with me or not but I said.

"Come, let's go to your dad." And she listened, she followed me but her mother tried insisting, I think she knew me and she threatened me to leave Kritika behind but I had to laugh it out. If I leave her then that will be equal to me killing her. At last having no other way infront to save herself and her daughter, that woman too weakly stood up and followed my path. I went inside the thick forest with my wife in my hands, I did not know the way out but I did know I will get out of here.

***

"What a surprise to meet you here, Kaira? Celebrating the accident of Lucas, right? How nice it all happened by itself and we didn't even had to do anything. But if I meet his saviour, I may have a good talk with that bitc-"

"Stop!" Kaira shouted at Rakesh Verma making his eyes widen in bewilderment. Kaira was sitting outside Lucas's room when Rakesh Verma came there looking happy. Without knowing Lucas and Kaira's relationship, he began talking which made Kaira frustrated.

"What happened to you, my dear? What is it? Why are you angry?" He asked her who was ready to explode at him. Suddenly Nick came running to them. He went to Kaira and patted her on her back trying to calm her down to save the situation. 

"Uncle, what brings you here?" Nick asked, trying to change the topic.

"Aah yes, I was here to meet Lucas, Richard's left hand man. Seems like soon his left hand will be amputated." He said with a creepy laugh which filled Kaira with anger.

"Uncle, he is already at the edge of death, I don't think we need to do anything much." Nick lied, trying to save Lucas which made Kaira look at him and he winked his eyes giving her a sign to play along.

"Nah nah. That isn't fun. What if he comes back to life? I can't be careless so let me push him down from that edge of death." Verma said and walked towards Lucas's room impatiently. That was it, Kaira couldn't control it anymore. She rushed towards the door and stopped Verma. 

"Uncle, don't!" Her tone resembled a threat and she was furious.

"What is wrong with you, Kaira? What has gotten into you? Come on move out of the way-"

"NO!" She shouted cutting him off again and her voice echoed throughout the hall making the other patients and staffs look at them. Nick too tried stopping both of them from an argument but things have already gotten out of hand.

"Why?" Verma asked once again with his low patient voice.

"I love hi-m." Kaira admitted at last. She spilled the truth and her voice quivered and eyes feared the outcome of her actions.