Big Mistake

I reached the destination. The darkness of the night was scary and lonely. There's only giant trees around me, even the trees looked terrifying, not even a person can be seen. There is a big tunnel infront of me, which looks abandoned, looking inside of it I could only find darkness.

I parked my car a bit far from the tunnel and decided to go inside it and check assuming that Richard will be there, but for what? Why I wanted to take risk I didn't knew but my curiosity made me do it. I searched for my gun which I usually keep in my car for safety reasons but it wasn't there, how stupid I am to forget my gun at home in such a situation where I needed it the most. Unfortunately none of my safety weapons were there, not even my tracking device connected to the car was working because I temporarily switched it off with a professional few days ago because I wanted to go somewhere without the acknowledgment of my guards. I actually forgot to take all the precautions in hurry. Yes, I was out of my mind but I do have enough confidence in me and I do believe in myself, so gathering it all I decided to go check it out, even without any weapons I was sure that I can protect herself. I got out of the car and walked forward with all my courage. The headlights of my car were on, leading my way. I walked carefully on my silhouettes and entered the tunnel.

I got inside the tunnel and kept on walking, after walking for sometimes I saw a dim light ahead, I got more curious and started walking towards the light. After getting more close to there, I could see a person knelt down holding his both hands begging to someone. I was surprised by that scene and I looked to the othere side to see who is that 'someone' to whome that helpless person was begging. Eventhough the light was so dim I could see a person in black suit with a gun in his hands pointing it towards the other person kneeling down in front of him. That mysterious guy seemed like the boss. Many other people in black suits were surrounding him, some had guns in their hand. The overall atmosphere was spine chilling and those muscular men did scare me.

My heart just wished for that person to be not him eventhough my mind said it's him. I looked more closely to see his face. They were having a conversation but I couldn't understand anything that they were saying and that's when he shooted that person suddenly making me flinch hard and shocked. I wasn't expecting it and in the light of the firing I saw his face clearly, the face of that murderer. It was him, my fiancé 'Richard De Vil' standing there just like a devil, a merciless beast. The person who was kneeling, fell down on the floor lifeless, blood was running out of his body, the floor becoming a blood pool, a scream and a gun shoot sound was all that I heard. I was holding my hands over my mouth to make no sound, my heart beat increasing, breath hitching, fear has now completely taken over me. My all confidence drained out. It's not the first time I was facing such a situation but it's the first time I was facing a moment like this, seeing someone die infront of me by the hands of a person I never expected to do it. My mind is now full of thoughts, I was standing there not minding the situation, not knowing what to do, I felt numb, I regretted coming here. Unfortunately one of his man spotted me. "HEY!" He screamed and that sudden shouting of him made me flinch again and come back to reality that's when I realized that I have been caught by them. Then without thinking twice I ran back quickly as possible, they were following me, I knew it. That was the moment I realized my mistake, my stupidity of coming here alone, I didn't knew the seriousness of the situation until I got to witness it all by myself, that was the moment I regretted everything. I should had listened to Nich, he did warned me but my anger blinded me.

I looked back while running just to find his people trying to catch me and in a glance I saw him standing there on his position itself, expressionless and calm. Tears were flowing down from my eyes due to fear and disappointment. I felt helpless, I felt as if I was a prey. They are more in number than I expected. I won't be able to beat them all bare hand so it was better to escape. I could hear those footsteps coming much closer to me, I was running for life. I got out of the tunnel and saw my car ahead still lighting my path. Thank God I could get inside the car before his men catch me. And as soon as possible I started the car backing it up and driving away in high speed. There was nothing else in my mind, I just wanted to reach home safe and sound, I still couldn't accept this was reality. I looked at the rear view mirror, those people stopped running and were standing there looking at my car fading away, they had gun in their hand, they could shoot me if they wanted but they didn't. I actually thought that they stopped following me but...