He Is A What?

-On phone-

"Nick? Bro, I'm really sorry I literally forgot about you. So sorry I forgot to call you back." I apologized to Nick on call.

"Kriti, are you ok? I was worried if he did something to you." Nick's voice was filled with worry.

"Huh, who? What are you talking about?" I couldn't understand what he meant.

"I am talking about Mr.Richard De Vil. Your doubts were right, he is not just a businessman, it took me days to hack into his details but as soon as I got them his security system found me and my location and is now trying to catch me. My assumptions were right, Kriti."

"Nick. What's going on where are you now? Are you ok? And what are you talking about?" I was getting no clue of what Nick was trying to say.

"Don't worry, I'm fine. I'm currently at a safe place, out of their reach."

"What the hell are you talking about, Nick? Stop confusing me. Who is Richard? Why are you scared? From whom are you hiding?" I almost shouted.

"He is a dangerous 'Mafia King', Kritika!" He said with a serious tone making me go numb that I couldn't process it all out.

"A person who kills people without any mercy for his needs. He's a murderer, he kills people. He won't hesitate to kill you too if he need." Nick kept on talking.

I was speechless, I didn't knew what to say. My phone gradually fell down from my hands out of shock. The person I'm getting married to is a what? He kills people? The hell is going on in my life? Then I hurriedly took back the phone listening to Nick.

"Girl, listen to me, stay out of him. If he lays his eyes on you then you are doomed no matter how powerful we are, he's out of our imagination." Nick said increasing my fear.

"I'm already doomed, Nick. I'm already engaged to him." I said with hesitation.

"Whattttt???? To a Mafia???? The heck is wrong with you Kritika Sharma? Are you fu*king stupid??" His voice was full of anger, fear and shock.

"I dont know... I didn't knew his real identity. No no no, I'm not going to be his, no never! I don't want to marry a monster."

"It's not going to be easy to get away from him. You even got engaged to him. Just hide, Kritika. Please get away from him and his people. Your whole family and friends are in danger."

"No I won't hide. I'll try my own ways, Nick, I wanna know why he's here, why he want me. I won't leave that fu*kng basta*d!" My anger rised.

"I don't care, Nick. He even threatened me that he will hurt my loved ones. I wanna talk with him, I'll call you later."

"Hey don't do that, don't be a stupi--"

"Bye take care." Saying this I cut the call. I want to know the truth. I was out of my control because of anger, the rage because of getting cheated. I'm unable to understand the seriousness of the situation yet. I feel betrayed and I want to know the reason for these all.

-On phone-

"Tony, locate where Richard is now." I ordered my secretary.

"One minute ma'am. Alright, sir is currently at xxxx place."

"Got it, thanks."

"Ma'am what happene--" Before he could finish, I cut the call because I am not in a situation to answer anyone. I was driving my car in high speed to the place where he is said to be at. Also it's night and dark but I don't care. I know I am not realising what I am doing now. My actions may result in some great danger for which I would have to pay a great price. But right now no one is there to stop me and no one can. I want to know what Richard De Vil actually wants and why he approached me at the first place. Why he pulled this engagement drama? And what is his real intentions? I want to know it all in order to keep my family safe, not just family but my business too which is a result of me and my dad's great efforts and struggles. I will not let a man simply walk into my life and destroy everything. If he is a mafia then I will keep him in my gun point and will let him know who I actually am. The truths I hide will hit him more harder than how his truths hit me.