Chapter 18: Cut Through Fate

Jellal: You...I spent eight years building this tower! What you've done here is unforgivable, I'll kill you both!

Jellal stand up crossed his hands above his head and the air went still and began being sucked towards him, above his head gathering a lot of magic power.

Neos: Dark magic...

He muttered as the wind around them began to blow immensely.

Erza: The shadows are starting to bend towards the light! Oh no! This magic...!

Both Fairy Tail mages try to move out but the pain in there body began to kick in making it hard for them to move quickly.

Jellal: Prepare to plummet into infinite darkness, Salamander, Faker!

Erza: Stop!

She yelled getting between them and Jellal

Erza: You need a sacrifice don't you! Do you plan to kill me as well?

Jellal stopped for a brief moment

Jellal: While it is true Zeref's sacrifice must be someone on a level similar to a wizard saint, but there are many just as strong as you so it makes no difference! You'll all die together!

Jellal declared as the orb continued to increase in size.

Neos/Natsu: ERZA MOVE!

Erza: Don't worry, I'll protect you two.

Neos lift up his right hand as another ring projected on it.

Neos: Rose Aisa!

Jellal: Heavenly Body Spell: Altairis!

Another rose shield was form but it's incomplete only having 3 layers as it make contact with the attack. The shield break too fast only having one layer left as Neos putting his magic energy to this last line of defense.

Neos: RUN!

He said as the shield crack before breaking along with the ring on his right hand. When the orb was about to hit them, Simon jumped in front of them with a magic circle in front of him. Everyone else widened their eyes in shook when the orb exploded.

When the smoke cleared it revealed Simon who had several bruises on his body as he still stood in a defensive position in front of Natsu, Neos and Erza.

Erza: Simon...?

Erza questioned as images of how Rob protected her appeared in her mind.

Neos: Simon?

Simon: Erza...

He muttered as he fell down.

Erza: Simon!

She quickly ran over to her fallen friend as Neos also stood up and slowly walked over to them.

Neos: Trace On

Jellal: You were still crawling around here, you little pest?

Erza: Why didn't you escape...?! Simon!

Erza said as she looked on her friend while holding his body in her arms.

Simon: I-I'm glad... I always wanted... to be helpful to you... someday...

Erza: I understand! Just don't talk anymore!

Erza said as tears slowly began to form in her eyes.

Simon: You were always... so kind...

He muttered trying to get his last word out to her.

Neos: Hey, I know this isn't a good time to tell you this but... Your sister is still alive.