Chapter 39: The Black Wizard

The Fairy Tail's S-Class Trial has begun, each participant has their own challenges.

"So that's how Makarov decides to limit you." Mavis said still sitting next to Neos.

"Yeah, there are three challenges to complete each one they finished. I have to lower my power down by 20%." He said looking into the distance, it had already been sometime since the trial began. And he has been explaining to Mavis about how Makarov made it possible for the others to actually pass this year's Trial.

"So 80% means you can only do one double fusion, 60% you then you can't use fusion, 40% means you can only use 3 elements. And lastly, the hidden challenge, if they complete it too, meaning you can only use 20%, one element only." Mavis said lying on the root next to Neos.

"Yeah, the hidden challenge, they can come across it after reaching the second challenge. Finding the First Master Grave."

"Oh? What it is?" Mavis ask curiously.

"It's a simple riddle that I came across on one of my adventures. The challenges once complete are only accessible by one group only. Meaning this can be a hit or miss. Depending on who ever came across it."

"I see, I'm gonna go check it out." 

"Hey! W- She's gone." He try to stop her only to turn back and find that she is already gone. He let out a sigh before he suddenly heard something coming at him from the sky. "What the?"

Using Reinforcement magic on his eyes he can see Natsu and Happy flying at him like a speeding rocket. His Fusion Ring's new improvement temporarily let him see the number of challenges they had completed. And Natsu and Happy currently have the number 1. 

"You really didn't learn anything, Natsu." He got up as Natsu and Happy flew crashing down in front of him. "Looks like getting your ass kicked by Gildarts wasn't enough for you, Natsu."

"Heh! I'm all fired up!" Natsu let flames out around his entire body while glaring at Neos in excitement.

"Let's see, that's one trail complete, that means 80% then. I'll even give you the chance to pick which fusion you want to fight." he said.

"Heh! You can fight me at 100% Neos! Cause either way, I'm gonna kick your ass and become S-Class!" Natsu charged at him with his fist covered in flames.

Fire Dragon: Iron Fist!

Natsu threw his flame cover fist at Neos who just turned into Quake, raising a hand out he blocked Natsu's attack with one palm. 

"Your ability has improved. But you still have a long way to go!" He said as his palm held on tight to Natsu as he began to swing Natsu around like some ragdoll. "W-Wait!" Natsu started to feel somewhat of his motion sickness being swung around like that. He let go throwing Natsu away as he fell down to the wood below.

"I must say, I actually feel that one." Neos looks at the falling dragonslayer who is with his partner flying down trying to catch up to him.

(In the Camp)

"What?! Elfman and Evergreen are getting married?!" Erza questioned in shock while she was making food.

"And then they attacked me while I was in a state of shock." Mirajane said with a smile as she rubbed her cheek that had a band aid over it. While Juvia and Lisanna sat behind them and listened to their conversation.

"Hold on! When is the ceremony?! In fact, when did they start such a relationship?!" Erza questioned as always only hearing a few parts of the conversation.

"Oh, no, I think it was just a strategy to throw me off guard. I still have a lot of improving to do!" Mira said.

"Anyway, you're sure it was just a strategy?!" Erza questioned still not totally convinced.