Chapter 51: First Day

"Will each team's Hidden competitors please step forward!" The man in the pumpkin mask said. Neos and the rest of Team B besides Mana were in their gallery looking down and watching the contest. "Field Open!" Suddenly, many large buildings appeared in the stadium, making it look like a small city, this being the battleground for today's event. And from the looks of it, each contesters was placed in different parts of the city as it was shown on the screen.

"Looks like it will be like hide and seek." Itachi uttered as the announcer was now just about to explain the rules of the game.

"All competitors are hiders, and seekers at the same time! The goal is to find the other competitors in the town and then strike them with any magic attacks you have! The competitors who deliver the attack, whether it causes damage or not, will score 1 point!" The announcer said as suddenly, from the looks on the screens, several copies of the contesters were made around the city. "These are copies of you all! Should you mistakenly attack a copy you will lose 1 point! Now, then! Vanish into the silence, like a black cat lurking in the darkness of night! Let Hidden Begin!"

Mana looks at multiple fakes walking around before a mischievous smirk appears on her face, tracing one of them. She mimics the movement to the point that it's almost impossible to distinguish.

"Wow, I didn't expect her to do that." Gajeel said impressed seeing her copy them to an almost perfect point.

"Uh, which one is Mana again?" Mira said as she lost the real Mana in the sea of fakes.

"It's either that one or the one on the left over there." Laxus said pointing to the screen also having a hard time keeping track of the real one.

"Not bad, her Tracing Magic really improved." Neos said not lost about who the real Mana is in the sea of fakes.

Later

It ended in disaster, Fairy Tail came in last, but Mana at least managed to get six points, while Gray got zero. It ended with Rufus from Sabertooth winning by striking everyone from a high spot. Gray couldn't get a chance to attack Rufus or others since Nullpudding from Raven Tail constantly went after him. Everyone in the audience ended up laughing at Fairy Tail and calling them weak, and everlasting last place.

"Tch! Those damn bastards!" Gajeel clenched his fist wanting to show the audience just how powerful they were, the same was felt among the rest of Team B and A alike.

Then came the battles, and up for the first battle was Lucy, against Flare from Raven Tail. A young woman with a curvy figure and a large bust, dressed in a red dress and with red long hair tied into pigtails, her eyes were red and she looked at Lucy with a creepy grin.

They looked down onto the battle field, this being Fairy Tail's chance to get some points to even out the score. However, what was clear for everyone in Fairy Tail, was the anger in Lucy's eyes. Raven Tail had not only attacked Wendy, but they kept going after Gray in the previous event rather than winning, without a doubt the blond celestial wizard was out for some payback.

Lucy started off on the offensive, and to all their surprise she was able to summon two celestial spirits at once, both Taurus and Scorpio. "Lucy has improved a lot!" Mirajane said while happily clapping for her friend.

"Indeed, she has, although something tells me she is still in trouble..." Neos uttered as he payed a close attention to the battle. Flare had the ability to extend her hair and merge it with fire, and she was able to block an attack from Scorpio with her hair.

"That's some strange magic." Laxus commented as they all watched closely.

Lucy was then able to combine Scorpio's sandstorm power with Taurus' brute physical strength, into making a massive sandstorm that spread across the arena. And Flare took some damage, although this only infuriated her. She then extended her hair and it took the shape of a wolf, Lucy countered it by summoning Cancer and cut down the hair wolf.