Chapter 48: Reason to Get Stronger

After that day, Natsu ended up in a fight, well, that wasn't the unexpected part. It was against Max, and he struggled and even had to result in using his Lightning Flame Dragon mode to make Max give up. And then Natsu passed out from having used too much magic power in just that one roar.

After that, Gray realized that their strength hasn't kept up with the times. Except for monsters like Neos, Gildarts, Laxus, and Mana. And Natsu, Gray, Lucy, Wendy, Happy, and Carla went to find a way to grow super strong really fast. They resulted in going to Porlyusica to maybe get some potions that would make them stronger.

In the meantime, Makarov had an announcement to make at the guildhall. "And so... I have decided to retire. I'll now introduce you to your new master."

"Are you serious?" Cana questioned as all of them didn't want Makarov to retire already.

"Hold on. I still need to prepare myself." Macao said, straightening his coat, thinking he would keep the title of guild master.

"It obviously ain't you!" Wakaba said.

"The fifth master of Fairy Tail is... Gildarts Clive!" Makarov announced but in the direction he was pointing at stood Mirajane who just beamed with her usual smile.

"..."

"..."

"Where is Gildarts?!" Makarov asked.

"He left us some letters." Mira replied and handed Makarov a letter.

"Call it." Neos said.

"Dear Master, and the rest of my guildmates... Sorry, but being a master and all that ain't my style." Makarov read from the letter to the point where most of the guild were laughing at his stunned facial expression. "But, since this is a rare chance, there are two things I'll do as the current master. First, I hereby recognize Laxus as a member of Fairy Tail."

Laxus looked stunned and surprised at this. "The nerve of him!" Makarov growled.

"That old guy..." Laxus uttered.

"That's great news, Laxus!" Bickslow said with a grin.

"Now the Thunder God Tribe is completely back in action!" Evergreen hugged Laxus' arm out of joy that was shared with the rest of the group.

"Gildarts! How kindhearted you are!" Freed cried tears of joy.

"If the current master insists, then so be it." Makarov said although he was slightly happy over having his beloved grandson back.

"Anyway. Second, I hereby appoint Makarov Dreyar as Fairy Tail's sixth master." Makarov read from the letter. "But I just retired!" Makarov looked slightly angry while as everyone laughed at that things were getting back to normal. "Neos! Become the new master! Please!" Makarov begged.

"Yeah... I don't think that is going to work any time soon." Neos said with an amused smile making Makarov hung his head down as he had to come back from retirement. 

"I'm going to travel for a while. I plan on coming back when I feel like it. Until then, take care. Signed, Gildarts Clive." Makarov finished the letter.

Mira then handed Cana another letter from Gildarts, which contained a card for her to summon him when she needed it. To which she ripped apart stating that she was fine with how things were and that she didn't need it. And finally, Mira handed Neos the last letter from Gildarts.

"Huh. Look like he really has a lot to say before leaving." Neos said holding his letter.

"Yeah unlike Mister. Goodbye and Left without a single word." Cana said teasingly.