Chapter 45: Burning Chaos in The Wind

For a moment, the massive light from Acnologia's breath attack shined like the bright sun, and then a warm feeling was felt around them the Fairy Tail guildmember felt this warmth as well. The very next moment, it all went dark. 'Did we die? No, no, it... it doesn't feel like death, but... sleep...' Mana thought as she tried to force her eyes open. Mana groggily rose up rubbing her head as she felt like she had just woken up from a long deep slumber.

"Wh-What happened...?" Mana uttered to herself looking around and seeing that everything was fine, as if Acnologia's attack had done nothing. Although the woods around them that the dragon had destroyed with his mighty roar, had grown back. She looked around to see if she could find anyone else, she then spotted the silver-haired barmaid, Mirajane. She then looked to her left to see a red-haired armored girl whom she considered her older sister to be also sleeping in some bushes. "We're all alive...? But how...? I'm certain Acnologia blasted us with his breath attack, and yet... everything seems fine like nothing was destroyed..."

"Hey! I found Mana! Oh, and Mirajane and Erza as well!" She heard a familiar voice shout from the top of a hill, she looked up as the light blinded his sight and all she saw was a shadowy figure. It looked familiar yet so different. "J-Jet? Jet, is that you?" Mana questioned as the blinding light faded and indeed it was the speedster mage from his guild, only that he looked, older. His clothing was different, his hair was tied up into a high ponytail and he didn't have his hat anymore.

"Oh! Hey guys!" Another familiar voice was heard and Mana looked slightly to the side and saw something that made her raise her brows in surprise, it was a fatter older version of Droy, he looked almost as fat, as Reedus.

"D-Droy?" Mana uttered and blinked a few times before her eyes widened as she looked around in panic.

"Mm, what happened?" Erza got up rubbed her eyes and let out a small yawn.

"Wh-What's going on?" Mirajane got up as well and let out a small yawn as well.

"Huh? W-Wait... Are you two..." Erza was shaking slightly while pointing at Jet and Droy with a look of shock as to how much they had changed.

"Jet? Droy?" Mirajane questioned with a look of surprise seeing how much they had changed, but she recognized them none the less.

"Wh-What happened? Why do you two look so different?! And what about Acnologia?!" Erza questioned looking confused same as Mira.

"It's a long story." Two more people arrived and they looked like older versions of Alzack and Bisca, Alzack's hairstyle was different it was shorter and going more upward. While Bisca only looked more mature and wore a different outfit.

"Bisca? And, Alzack? Why do you guys look so different?" Mira questioned.

"Like I said it's a long story." Alzack said and began explaining how seven years have passed since Acnologia attacked Tenrou island. They all looked surprised to hear it and they had a lot of questions as to what happened to them, but neither of them knew either. 

"Mm, is it morning? Is there any fish for me?" Happy popped up from the ground looking groggy.

""Happy!"" Bisca and Alzack cried in unison.

"You guys are so annoyin'!" Natsu got up from under a pile of dirt and then more figures arrived, an older looking Max and Warren, and then they along with Jet and Droy jumped Natsu with joy. "What's going on?! Why are you guys here?! Wait, why do you all look so different? Droy, you're so... fat!" Natsu looked stunned.

"Where are the others?" Erza questioned looking around and seeing if she could spot anyone else.

"They are over here." The voice of a little girl was heard and they all looked to the source and looked at the girl in confusion.