Chapter 62: For My Sake

Lucy tried to tell everyone to close the gate but she was stopped by the royal knights along with the princess, a young slim petite woman, with wavy light green hair tied up into a high ponytail, her eyes dark green, she was dressed in armor with a long white cape, this was the Princess of the country, Princess Hisui E. Fiore. The princess stands in front of her with both arms out stopping Lucy. 

"We can't! This is the only weapon have against the dragon swarm!" The princess said with her knights all standing guard behind her, while also surrounding Lucy. "If we close the portal now, we won't be able to fire the Eclipse Cannon!"

"There is no Eclipse Cannon!" Lucy said but they didn't listen, until suddenly a gun trigger getting loaded, as they all turned seeing Neos pointing the barrow of his gun at the side of the Princess's head.

"Close that gate now!" Neos yelled out now having his gun aimed at Hisui's head, this shocked everyone seeing this. 

"What is the meaning of this!?" Hisui calls out looking back at Neos, fear is still on her face but she still tries to hold her ground looking back toward the elemental mage with a brave face. "We can't do that. Doing so will doom us all!"

"You fool! That's no pocket dimension for storing a cannon! That's a rift between time and space!" Neos said as they suddenly felt the ground shaking and a massive amount of magical energy coming out from the gate as a massive dragon with most of its body covered with large, thick, swirl shaped scales, came out from it. Followed by a red dragon with its spines jut straight through its chin and forehead. And then a dragon that looked to be made completely out of fire walked out.

Everyone was frozen in shock and fear, as a large blue dragon with what looked like fish fins sticking out from the side of his head. Followed by a dark dragon who instead of having claws like the others has extended digits, dark patagium, making its wings resemble more like that of a bat. Then a dragon with its back covered in large jagged stones, as its entire body appeared to be made out of rocks.

Then the dragon Zirconis the ghost of the dragon Wendy summoned from the dragon graveyard, flew out into the sky out from the portal. Then a dragon with a red and black scale, with three horns making it look more like a demon dragon hybrid, then finally a dragon with a pitch black body, with eyes almost all over its body. Quickly snapping out of his shock, Neos pushed the Princess aside as he rushed toward the gate.

"We need to close it! I won't let what happened in the future! Happen here as well! I will protect the future!" Lucy shouted holding onto a switch that was supposed to close the portal. While the royal army were trembling in fear at the sight of the dragons that spread across around town, while the mages from the various guilds began trying to battle them.

"T-This is my fault..." Hisui uttered while having her hand over her face. She looked terrified, filled with guilt, having been tricked by Future Rogue into believing that the Eclipse Cannon would save them.

"Princess, we must get you out of here." Arcaidos dressed in his knight armor tried to help the princess up, as she was filled with so much guilt and fear that she was unable to walk or stand up.

"Close! Come on! Close!" Lucy tried to summon forth her Celestial Spirit power to close the portal before more dragons showed up. As Yukino rushed to help Lucy close the gate with her Celestial magic as well, with Mirajane right behind her.

"Lucy! I will help!" Yukino ran up to Lucy, the sound of gun shot could be heard turning they saw Neos having his gun out firing at the head of the dragon that was about to come out.

"Use your celestial magic to lock the portal! Now!" Neos ordered both the celestial wizards.

""R-Right!"" Both Yukino and Lucy summoned forth a golden celestial aura around them, as the dragon roared out trying to push back. "Hey ugly!" Neos calls out having his gun aimed at the dragon's head. "Jackpot!"