Chapter 56: Conflict is Unavoidable

As the fight comes to an end, Neos is able to sense a familiar presence somewhere within the stadium.

"This presence... I have to go." Neos said much to everyone confused.

Abyss

Turning to his dark elemental, Neos turned and walked into the shadow much everyone shock and completely disappeared.

"Where do you think, he's going?" Mira ask.

"Who knows?" Laxus said, turning back to the fight.

In one of the tower walls of the stadium, Abyss steps out behind Ultear's shadow. Turning back she saw Abyss kneeling on the ground as he turned back to Neos.

"There you are." Jellal said, looking at Neos.

"Did you find anything?" Ultear said, looking at him as Neos got up.

"He's here." Neos said with a calm yet cold tone. "He's somewhere in the audience."

"Are you sure?" Jellal questioned with a raised brow.

"Yeah, it's coming from the audience." Neos said with a stern look on his face. "Let's go."

Jellal jumped down along with Neos, he quickly activated the bracelet Neos made for them. As Jellal's face somewhat changed hiding his identity.

"Can you feel it? The match is over and the magic power is still here." Neos said and they both ran out, they looked around the crowd to see if they could spot anyone. They spotted then someone in a dark hood that vanished amongst the crowd.

"Tch! We lost them!" Jellal growled and vanished at high speed to go after this hooded person, while Neos vanished into the shadow.

Jellal and Neos were walking around trying to locate the source of this power. They then noticed the hooded person, but were suddenly stopped by Doranbolt aka Mest who teleported in front of them. "Stop right there!"

"What is the meaning of this?" Neos questioned with his eyes narrowed at Doranbolt.

"Sorry, but I have a few questions." Doranbolt said glaring at Neos and the disguised Jellal.

"I don't have time for an autograph, move!" Neos said trying to keep his eyes on the hooded person but now nowhere to be seen.

"Sorry if I interrupt something important but I have a few questions and I want you to come to answer them." Doranbolt said looking at Neos.

"I'm not answering anything after that last stunt you pulled on Fairy Tail." Neos hiss glaring at Doranbolt. "For possessed of Day, Thousand spirits stray, That sweet joys of betray."

Neos said glaring at Doranbolt who was surprised by Neos realizing him immediately, sure he somewhat changed his appearance but it looked like with just a quick glance, he could recognize him. Looking down avoiding Neos's cold glare. "I...I know... but-" 

"Then move! I have no time for a traitor like you." Neos said walking past Doranbolt as Jellal followed him.

As night fell, Neos let out a long sigh, feeling frustrated as they lost the small trail they had of finding Zeref. But something still lingered on his mind. 'Something isn't right. That presence is dark similar to Zeref, and Ray. But it lacks something from them, but what is it?'

Looking down still frustrated with himself for not fully remembering the presence of his own father. 'Ray has a sense of coldness along with dark. But what about Zeref? I only saw him once, but I was too angry to fully notice the thing that came along with his dark presence.'

'Just what is it?' Neos thought walking back in the dark empty streets to the bar where his guild is currently partying.

"Hello."