Chapter 57: Faker vs. Titania

Later, in the infirmary, Team A, Happy, Carla, and Porlyusica stood over a bruised up and bandaged up Lucy. "Is Lucy all right?!" Mana opened the door and entered along with Team B.

"Lucy!" Mira entered with a concerned look for her friend.

"You guys..." Gray uttered.

"We may be on different teams, but we are still in the same guild." Mira said as she went to Lucy's side.

"So, how is she?" Gajeel asked.

"Thanks to Wendy's healing magic, she will be all right." Porlyusica replied.

"No, Sherria's emergency treatment is to thank." Wendy said.

"You both are to thank." Neos corrected and petted the top of Wendy's head.

"Thank goodness..." Mira let out a sigh of relief.

"I'm also relieved to know that she hasn't suffered any lasting injuries." Erza said also sharing a look of relief for Lucy's condition.

"Those guys..." Natsu growled at the thought of Sabertooth.

"I know what you wanna say." Laxus said also looking angry despite keeping up an emotionless expression.

"Lucy." Happy uttered as the Celestial Wizard started to wake up.

"Guys... I'm sorry." Lucy uttered as she looked around the room.

"Huh? What are you apologizing for?" Natsu questioned as Lucy hid under the covers of her hospital bed.

"I messed up again..." Lucy uttered having lost twice in the games now.

"Don't be crazy! We came in third place thanks to you!" Gray said with an encouraging look.

"We scored 8 points!" Wendy said with an encouraging smile.

"Yes. You did well." Erza gave a warm friendly smile and a nod.

"Oh... my keys..." Lucy uttered as she remembered Minerva took her keys during the match.

"Right here." Happy handed over her pouch with all her gate keys.

"What a relief... thanks." Lucy said with a warm smile as she embraced her keys, and drifted off into sleep.

"Looks like she's asleep." Mira said as the mood in the room changed.

"Sabertooth..." Gray growled.

"Don't like 'em one bit." Gajeel said with venom in his tone.

The door then opened and entered Master Makarov. "Oh, Team A and B are both here. That's perfect. I'm not sure if this will help or hinder us, but the management has just ordered us to combine our teams into one." Makarov declared which brought some shock into the room.

"What?!" Natsu questioned.

"A combined team?" Laxus questioned.

"But why?" Mira questioned.

"We followed the rules, so how come we aren't allowed to keep both teams anymore?" Neos questioned.

"Raven Tail's disqualification means that seven teams are left to compete. Having an odd number is problematic for choosing battle segment matchups. So they've ordered us to combine our two teams into a new, five-member team." Makarov explained and it did make sense.

"What about our scores?" Carla questioned.

"About that, Erza. Neos. They apparently declared that they would let us keep the highest teams score points, if the two of you agree to fight each other." Makarov said which caused the two of them to look at each other with a surprised look, which was shared by everyone else.