Chapter 44: Bury The Light

"Father?" Natsu uttered still in disbelief.

"Did I just hear Neos calling him Father!?" Lucy said, hoping what she heard wasn't true.

"Nope, you aren't hearing thing." Gajeel said confirming that Neos actually did call Acnologia "Father".

"Move, boy." Acnologia's tone was cold and commanding, but Neos just smiled back at him. This somewhat irritated the Dragon King.

Mana noticed Neos's hand signal that he was doing behind his back, "Run, I'll hold him off." 

"I'm afraid I can't do that, Father." Neos said, stalling for time while keeping Acnologia's attention on him.

"Don't make me repeat myself, boy." Acnologia growls, now getting impatient with Neos.

"You should have told me you can turn into a large flying lizard. That will make it much easier for me to look for you." Acnologia gave Neos a dead glare before cracking his neck and knuckle.

"Looks like someone needs to remind you of your place boy." Acnologia glares at Neos as he smiles remembering a memory of his past before Ray disappears on him.

"Look like someone is getting ahead of themselves." Said Acnologia in his human form glaring down at a kid Neos.

"Bring it Pop!" He said with a smirk this earned him a yell from Acnologia.

"What did I say about calling me that boy!?" 

"I'm sorry Ray!"

Back to reality, Neos projected both of his blades out standing face to face with the dragon that once raised him.

"Bring it Pop!" 

Neos charged at Acnologia swinging down his blades as Acnologia just raised one hand up, blocking that attack with almost no effort. 

"Was that supposed to tickle? Cause I can't feel a thing!" He said then swung his arm back pushing the elemental mage back, and he threw both blades at Acnologia before projecting his bow and arrow.

Shooting Star!

Neos launches his arrow as Acnologia just shakes off his attacks before backhanding the arrow, breaking it to pieces.

As he rushes toward Neos.

Chaos Dragon: Destruction Fist!

Acnologia's fist is covered by a black and blue chaotic energy as he throws it at Neo's face.

Kid Neos was sent flying back hitting a tree and breaking it.

"You're as weak as ever, boy." Ray said pulling his fist back.

Neos was sent flying back crashing through multiple trees and rock his back crashing into a large rock. 

"You're as weak as the day I left you, boy." He said looking at Neos with both his hand bleeding and badly damaged, pieces of rock that was once on his hand beginning to fall off as his left arm went limps, while his other arms weren't in any better condition. Before that last attack can collide with his face, Neos turns to Quake to try and block the attack which only manages to lower the damage a bit.

Neos smirks back still on his feet, even though his body hurts like hell he's still smiling.

"I'm still standing... to me, I'm up one." He said somewhat weakly, his main goal is to buy time for the other to run. He knows he can't win. He never stood a chance against him in the first place.

"Since when did you learn how to count? Fine, I'll give you that one." Acnologia said with somewhat of a mocking tone, but this didn't stop the small smirk appearing on his face.