Chapter 60: Final Day of the Games!

They returned to the tavern where the rest of the Fairy Tail guild was and they explained the situation. 

"What?" Makarov questioned.

"Lucy was captured by the royal army?" Levy questioned.

"So, they involved her in a plan we know almost nothing about..." Makarov said as he sat on the bar counter with his legs crossed.

"In other words. Unless we win the Grand Magic Games, we won't get Lucy back." Laxus said and it pretty much seemed like that was the case.

"Although I don't know if we can trust that, either." Gray said.

"Right." Juvia agreed.

"Who gives a crap about that?! I'm gonna rescue Lucy right now!" Natsu having recovered, was tied up so that he would not go and do anything rash.

"Please calm down, Natsu." Wendy pleaded.

"Relax will ya, Neos said he had a plan for that." Gray said and looked over at Neos same with everyone else.

"Well Neos my boy, I trust that you know we can't act recklessly against the kingdom, even though they shouldn't be allowed to treat their citizens like that either. And if she is just a hostage kept until the Eclipse project is canceled..." Makarov said.

"Of course, we will simply send a rescue team during the last competition of the games. While mostly everyone is distracted by this event, our rescue team will rescue Lucy from the palace. Even though they said we will get Lucy back if we win the games, we cannot be sure if they were telling the truth, so we need to take action just in case. We cannot afford to rush in recklessly, or else things would get more problematic. If we do this right, there shouldn't be a problem. But for now, we have to wait for the right moment." Neos said and everyone nodded in agreement to his plan.

"I want to be on the rescue team." Natsu said as he broke free from the ropes with ease. "I will rescue Lucy." Natsu said with a fiery determination in his eyes.

Neos just looks at Natsu, the dragon slayer can feel the elemental cold eye glazing at him. "Alright then, Natsu, Gray, Wendy, Mirajane, Happy, Carla, Ace, and Pantherlily will be on the rescue team. Gajeel will take Wendy's place in the games."

"Why us?" Carla questioned.

"You can fly them out if there is any danger, it will make it easier for them to infiltrate the palace." Neos replied to which Carla nodded in understanding. "Wendy is our healer, she could support you guys if anyone gets injured."

"It has been decided then. Neos, Laxus, Erza, Gajeel, and Mana will represent our guild for the last day of the games. Natsu, Gray, Mirajane, Wendy, Happy, Carla, Ace, and Pantherlily will rescue Lucy during the final event. Any objections?" Makarov asked and no one said a word. "Good, dismissed." Makarov said and everyone went back to their own thing.

"Uhm, Neos!" Natsu called out, as the elemental mage turned to him. Looking down the dragon slayer still doesn't have the courage to look him in the eye. "Look, I have been thinking about what you said that day and... I'm sorry."

This causes all eyes to turn to Natsu, actually seeing him apologizing.

"You're right... if it was Igneel that attack us that day. I won't be able to bring myself to choose. I'm..." Natsu said still looking down, the past few weeks. His anxiety is being built up, as he puts more and more thought into Neos's words that day.

"It's alright. I'm glad you actually use that head for something other than to fight. Make sure to bring Lucy back." Neos said before turning and walking away.