Chapter 41: Unveiling Secret

"Zeref..." Neos mumbled as he tried to wake up, Ultear body tensed seeing him start moving a little. She's still on top of him, almost completely naked. If he wakes up and attacks her now, she won't be able to react fast enough.

Suddenly, some images rush to her mind. Neos lying on the ground fading in and out of consciousness, she stares at the back of Zeref who is walking away from a village filled with dead, from trees, crops, animals to even humans. Nothing escapes this fate.

"Was that... his memory?" Ultear mutters, shocked at actually seeing his memory, and actually feeling the feeling he felt back then. Sadness, anger, fear, confusion, hatred, despair, and powerless.

"This... feeling." She feels a chill down her spine, she never thought she would experience those feelings all at the same time again. As the memory of her breaking out of that facility and making her way back to her mother, Ur. Only to find her training two boys around her age. She has a mix of emotions that scar her, the same emotions she is feeling in Neos's memory.

Ultear didn't move, she just sat there on top of him, as she tried to process the painful feeling that she thought she had buried all those year ago. Another memory came to her.

This one is Gray's memory with Ur when Neos traced him. She sees her mother break down in tears, telling Gray it was her fault that Ultear is dead. "No..."

Another memory came up where a young Gray was pressing his ear against the door hearing sobbing from the other side, before opening the door and seeing Ur trying to wipe away her tears. A small lemon cake on a table, Ultear's favorite cake. She also noticed the date on the calendar, it was her birthday that day.

"No..." Ur is celebrating her daughter's birthday each year even after she was told Ultear is dead.

"No! It can't be!" Then the last memory, Ur is standing in some destroyed town, the demon Deliora in the distance. "Please Gray, if there ever be a slight chance... Fine Ultear for me."

"NO!" She breaks down in tears.

'It... can't be... I was there. I was so close to her! Why didn't I just run up to her!? Why did I have to run away from her!?' She thought, feeling of sad and pain as she saw through the eyes of a young Gray, seeing her mother in pain, grieving for her daughter.

She did so many bad things for Grimoire Heart just because she thought her mother abandoned her but the truth was that Ur never abandoned her but it was the other way around. For once in years, she actually felt regret.

"It can't be..."

(Some time past)

"Ughh!" Grunting Core tries to get up from feeling like his body is extremely exhausted. Light and Dark have been fighting almost nonstop, then the large amount of magic energy that was taken away by Ultear. This leaves him somewhat drained of his magic energy.

"Why is my magic energy regening so slow?" he said, feeling it's difficult to move his body.

He looks down finding himself shirtless, and a sad Ultear sitting in the corner of the cave. He didn't sense any hostile intent from her like before.

"Hey!" He said gaining her attention, as she turned back to him, showing her red teary eyes. She had been crying for who knows how long.

"Are you... alright?" He said still unsure of what to make of this situation.

"I'm sorry." What the response he didn't expect to get.

(Outside with Light and Dark)

The two elementals glare at each other, charging their attack as they glare down one and nother. Light has a glowing ball of light in his right hand while Dark has a ball of spinning dark energy in his left hand.