Chapter 55: The Third Day Battles

"These battles are going to be great!" Yajima said.

"Yes." Lahar agreed.

"First up, Mermaid Heel's Millianna... versus Quatro Puppy's Seamus! Let the match begin!"

And the match ended with Millianna's victory thanks to her acrobatic skills and she managed to tie up her opponent. "Fellin' full of life?" Millianna declared her victory with a grin.

"Seamus can no longer fight! Millianna wins!"

"That was an entertaining battle."

"Magic can be used in all sorts of ways, I see. Most educational."

"Oh, she has improved her skills since the Tower of Heaven." Mana complimented as although Millianna might not have that much magic power she makes up for it with skills and her abilities.

"Next is match 2 of the battle segment! Sabertooth's minstrel who sings to the red moon, Rufus Lore... versus Blue Pegasus' Holy Night Eve Term!"

Eve tried to put up a fight, although Rufus was easily able to outsmart him and defeated him using his memory spell to make the environment hot which put Eve and his snow magic at a disadvantage.

"The match is over! Eve fought valiantly against the formidable Rufus, but is defeated! The winner is Sabertooth's Rufus! He truly is powerful!"

"Yeah right, he doesn't look that tough!" Gajeel grinned.

"Hm, I wonder if he battles Faker. Which one will come out on top?" Laxus question looking at Neos, who use Tracing Magic similar to Rufus's Memory Make.

"That depends." Neos said looking at Rufus.

Trace On

Neos uttered while looking at Rufus before a look of disappointment appeared on the elemental mage's face.

"It's a form of Ancient Magic, that required him to focus mostly on his mind, needing a lot of focus to use properly. But that's just about it, he's a one-trick pony, if someone casts a spell too fast he won't be able to remember it." Neos said while closing his eye and folding his arms. "He needs to understand the form of magic he's seeing in order to actually recreate them."

"Next match is, Fairy Tail Team B's Laxus Dreyar... versus Raven Tail's Alexei!"

"Considering it's your father's guild. Don't hold back too much." Neos said his friend and rival.

"Yeah, I know." Laxus said and headed to the arena for his match with the golden armored, masked man from Raven Tail.

"Good luck." Mira said with a friendly beaming smile.

"This ain't nothin' to worry about." Gajeel said knowing full well that Laxus was one of the monster members of their guild.

"Don't accidentally kill him, Laxus." Mana said making the Lightning user's sweat drop, as he remembered that he along with many others in the Fairy Tail Guild was fooled by Mana's somewhat gentle and kind nature. Thinking she is weak while in reality, she could have easily body almost anyone in the guild.

The tension built up in the arena as the two combatants were staring at each other. "This is the first showdown between father-and-son guilds since Day 1 Mr. Yajima!"

"Mm." Yajima then turned to Lahar and whispered something to him.

Makarov was on guard this time and had Bisca check out Ivan who was among the crowd with her rifle aimed at him should he try something. While the Thunder God Tribe as well as Lisanna kept a close eye on the Raven Tail members in their gallery.