Chapter 3 - Customers?

Chapter 3 – Customers?

It's been a week since Medea became a worker at Tempest café.

She has settled in for the most part. Rimuru and Ciel didn't want to reveal their powers to her, so they went furniture shopping with Medea for her room.

Although, it was easier than they thought since Medea could just use magic to transport everything back. It saved the hassle of getting everything to floor 24.

Her room ended up having quite a dark vibe to it. The colour theme was black, or just an extremely muted colour. Everything was either white, grey or black. The only glimpse of some colour are the yellow beams of sunlight every day.

Despite the fact that she was still in shock over how much and how rich her master's mana was, she was able to adapt quickly.

The café's business wasn't too good though. For the first couple days, there was barely anyone, so everyone just spent the time sitting around the table and talked to each other about whatever they wanted. It was mostly Rimuru asking Medea questions regarding the holy grail way.

"Do you know any servants?"

"Umm..."

"Any servants near us?"

"Em..."

"How powerful are they?"

"Er..."

"Do you think you can beat them?"

"..."

"To what extent do you think you are able to triumph over them. Include figure 1 and your own unde-"

That question was swiftly ended by a chop on the head by Ciel.

Needless to say, Medea was pleasantly surprised by how relaxed the atmosphere was. She feels like she's got a grasp on the type of people here.

Ciel was the strict but loving type. She cared for everyone and was married to Rimuru.

Rimuru was the playful and curious one. He was somehow a male and was married to Ciel.

Although, Medea didn't know how this marriage worked out since both looked practically identical. Wasn't it awkward to kiss someone who looked exactly like yourself? Oh well, not my problem.

On some days, Rimuru started complaining that there was no business. Medea thought that it was only given since this café opened so suddenly, and there was no advertising. Obviously, Ciel didn't keep that fact to herself: "Of course we have no business. You have to patient. Here, have some Gabriel cake."

Then there was the matter of food. Apparently, although this was a café, there was every cooking tool ever invented just stored in the kitchen. One evening, Ciel cooked an absolutely perfect steak and Medea could still remember the heavenly taste of it to this day. It was so good that she even forgot to question how and why they had a slice of A5 wagyu beef just randomly in the fridge.

There was still some customers, however. This person called Kobayashi, one day, walked in drunk. She then asked for the strongest drink available. The sight was quite comical.

*ding "HAHARUG *hiccup HEY! THiS PlaCE IS NEw RIGht? *hiccup LetS SEe Wah YoU GOt. GimmE THE StronGEsT"

The thing is, not even Medea knows what the strongest drink is. They never really discussed the menu, because there wasn't anything really to talk about. So she just looked at it. Crimson demon's beverage – very strong flavour and has alcohol, proceed with care. This should be quite strong.