Chapter 37 - The Profound and Dignified Ciel?

Chapter 37 – The Profound and Dignified Ciel?

With just her own powers, millions of different stories processed through her head, and she analysed each and every one.

Trying to make it interesting and believable, she picked the most inconspicuous one.

"I go by many titles." Her voice seemed enchanting to the others, and it was only after Sun Jinwoo used one of his skills to awaken everyone that she then continued.

"Too be honest, there are too many to count, but you may call me Ciel. As for what you can do to leave, have a chat with me." Her smile seemed real, but there was definitely some hidden intention behind it.

"You see, I am a poor soul who had been sealed here by a godly being called Rimuru. It's been at least a million years since I've seen someone, so at least do me this favour." She lied.

"Sealed?" His mind spun quickly and he didn't hesitate to carry on the conversation. She, seeing this, nodded with approval inside her mind.

"Yes. One day, I severely annoyed Rimuru, to the point where he decided to give me punishment, and things happened before I came here."

"Who's Rimuru?"

"That is information you are not privy to. Just know that he is the strongest and most powerful being to ever exist. Even knowing his name is a privilege to some, so be grateful that I told you. It doesn't happen every day after all. Now it's my turn to ask some questions, who may you be? That explosion was quite the spectacle."

She saw that? So she was awake the entire time?

"My name is Sun Jinwoo, and these are my friends who have come with me into a gate."

"Oh? A gate?"

"Yes. They are these portals that connect to another world. If they are not dealt with quickly, the creatures that reside inside will invade Earth, so people called hunters with special abilities appeared and it is their job to clear them."

"... I see. So I assume you and all of them are hunters?"

"Indeed. We came into this portal expecting what we normally encounter, but not this. We are sorry to disturb you."

"Don't be. I said before that it's been a while since visitors showed up. Anyway, what are the origin of the gates?"

"I don't really know. All I know is that they descended some time ago, and they appear randomly across the world. Also, only some people will awaken these special abilities, and if one trains hard enough they can improve themselves, although people cannot increase the amount of strength they were given."

Ciel didn't reply but fell into deep thought.

"And what is your role in it?"

"My... role?"

"Yes. Perhaps you don't want to say it and I understand, but I know, and I want to ask what your role is." Her voice became deeper.

"My role... truthfully, I don't know. It was kind of forced upon me and I have just been living with it"

"Forced... upon you? You don't know?"

A minute of silence waved their hand at the room.

But Ciel's mind was linking and connecting multiple threads together, before finally coming to a conclusion.

Sounds like something is being imposed on him because of something.

If I had to guess, something, or someone is pulling some strings.