Chapter 47 - The Natural Cycle

Chapter 47 – The Natural Cycle

Soon, a group of 3 people approached the duo.

They were actually the same people as the one Medea sensed earlier in the camp.

"CAREFUL!" The robot looking one jumped in front of the other 2 with one of his hands pointing towards them, "they are the ones I mentioned before. They effortlessly killed the orb piercer."

The robot had light-brown skin and dark hair. He wore a metal helmet with two asymmetrical horns protruding out of the sides and what appears to be glass lens in the front. Underneath is helmet is a jagged metal headband of some sort, with bolts on either side keeping it in place on his head. He had yellow eyes with cat-like pupils.

"Reg, are you sure?" A girl then spoke up.

She was a short girl with a plain face, green eyes and long blonde hair styled in two ponytails. She had a prominent scar on her left arm and wore a delver jacket and hat over a leotard.

"Yes Riko, I'm sure..."

But then, it was the third person there that spoke next, "why can't I sense the force of the Abyss around you?"

Appearing like a rabbit, she looked like a cross between multiple animals. She had a long tail, horizontally slanted pupils, carnivorous teeth and human-like hair. In contrast, she had medium tan fir covering the rest of her body, with light tan covering the insides of her ears and belly. (A/N I know that Nanachi's appearance is gender ambiguous like Rimuru but I will refer to her as a 'she' for writing convenience's sake)

"The force of the Abyss? You mean the reason why ascending is difficult?"

"Yes, the very one. I can see the force field to some extent, but I can't sense any on you. Who are you?" She narrowed her eyes.

"I am Medea, and this is Misaka. We are delvers currently going down. If you are talking about the mysterious force, then we both have our own ways to deal with it."

"Really? That should be impossible since all living creatures will be affected."

"Yes, we noticed that, but we still have our own secrets you know? And by the way, could you also introduce yourselves?"

"I am Nanachi, this is Reg and this is Riko."

"Nice to meet you." Misaka cheerfully waved.

"Umm, excuse me? Could I please have that-"

"The pickaxe? It belongs to you?"

"Yeah." Misaka grabbed it by the handle an chucked it over.

"Umm, giving it so easily..."

"Well, it doesn't really belong to us and we don't need it anyway."

"Thanks."

"Your welcome."

Nanachi then asked, "wait, you killed an Umbra-Hands?"

"Yes."

"Do you know the consequences of that?"

"We do, and we don't really care."

She face-palmed and scanned the area.

"What are you guys doing anyway. The Abyss isn't for children you know?"

"Oh, I'm going to find my mother."

"Mother?"

"Yeah! You see, she left me a note saying that she will wait for me at the bottom of the Abyss, so I decided to dive down. Reg here is a robot I discovered! And Nanachi recently joined us!"