Chapter 52 - The Final Conclusion

Chapter 52 – The Final Conclusion

"Faputa..."

Vueko muttered.

All around her is destruction.

Belaf's long body was crumbled, and parts of it were dotted amongst the rubble.

Blood and guts littered across the entire grounds. And standing in the middle was Faputa, who had an unreadable expression.

"Vueko... one of the only humans that mother loved. Faputa is thankful that you didn't get in the way. Faputa doesn't have to kill you. It make's Faputa very happy!"

"Faputa... are you..."

"Faputa is very happy now, as Faputa has completed mother's wish for revenge sosu!"

"Yes, but what are you going to do now?" Vueko looked around the place. There was literally nothing salvageable left.

"Faputa doesn't know, but maybe Faputa will continue living for mother. Ooh! Faputa knows! Faputa will go with Reg to explore the Abyss! Vueko, come with Faputa sosu!"

"Come with you? After this? I don't know..."

"HEY! Faputa! It's time to leave now. She will attack any second." Misaka flew into the conversation, literally. She then grabbed onto one of Faputa's hand.

"Do you hear that Vueko? You need to leave now otherwise you might die nosu. Faputa doesn't wish for you to die as you were mother's friend. Grab onto Faputa's hand and we can go together! We can explore the abyss together!" A very optimistic Faputa held out another of her arms at Vueko, who had a hesitating look.

"Live?"

"Yeah! Come on, Faputa doesn't have much time left!"

She kept shaking her hand, indicating to Vueko to grab onto it, and she did, but a bit weakly.

In her line of sight, she then saw cracks spreading across the bridge that linked the entrance to the rest of the 6th layer. It was pure destruction, and she instinctively knew touching it meant death.

"Come on Misaka. Let's go!"

Soon, Misaka rose into the air, carrying Faputa who was carrying Vueko.

Just as they began to hover, for some reason, Faputa felt Vueko's grip weaken.

"Vueko?"

"You know Faputa, maybe some part of me want to live, but after all these years, I may have weakened."

"What are you talking about? Faputa doesn't understand. You need to grab onto Faputa's hand now!"

"...Although living is good and all, it is painful to live with all the things I've been through. I cannot forget all the things that happened. Living with such memories is maybe more painful than death."

"Hey HEY VUEKO!" Her grip was extremely weak right now. In fact, if it wasn't for Faputa she would've slipped out, but then even her grip started to slip because of the sweat she produced from worrying about her.

"I have weakened. I still remember the days where I wanted to be strong and explore the Abyss. I still wonder what's down there, but now... maybe... just maybe... I can rest a bit."

With a simple slip, Vueko relaxed and retracted her hand, and landed a half-meter drop onto the floor.

The cracks were already beginning to spread now, and were getting closer and closer;

"VUEKO!! MISAKA LET FAPUTA DOWN!" She screeched and squirmed in her hands.

In fact, Misaka also was going to forcefully bring her up even if she didn't want to, but seeing Vueko's face, not fearful or angry, but relaxed and peaceful, she hesitated, and with a deep breath she flew higher and further with just Faputa.