Chapter 45 - The Abyss

Chapter 45 – The Abyss

Although looking at the hole from above, it seemed dark and gloomy, after passing a special layer, light once again began to shine.

"So this is what the first layer looks like." Misaka had stars in her eyes and she began to take in everything she saw.

She's still a child after all...

"1st layer, also known as the Edge of the Abyss. Ascending from here causes light dizziness and nausea. It is written that the environment here is consistent and sunny, full of hollows in the grassy rockfaces and petrified trees. The wildlife consists of mostly harmless animals. So there's no danger to worry about basically."

"Hey wait, let me try ascending."

"Agreed."

Misaka prepared herself, and harmlessly stimulating her leg muscles, she burst upwards with inhuman strength. Her body passed the ten meter mark, and she did indeed feel some discomfort but nothing else.

She then magnetised herself and the land, and slowly landed on both her legs.

"Did you just try to forcefully stimulate the full potential in your legs?"

"Yeah."

"..."

"Don't worry, I've done it many times before. It's fine and doesn't have any side effects."

"It better not. So what about the curse?"

"I could definitely feel something in the way and felt a bit dizzy, but it's fine now."

"Have you tried the feather theory then?"

"Not yet. Although I said something about a feather, it will still take time to turn myself into something akin to a feather in this scenario."

"Do you need my help?"

"Hell no. You mind your own business."

"You know you can just use a clone if you want..."

Misaka gave Medea a death glare.

Signalling the end of the conversation, Medea just smiled and took the lead in walking.

To be completely honest, there was no rush to go as quick as possible, since they had one relative year. Medea also wanted to slow down and enjoy the sights a bit more, so they just leisurely descended.

She observed the animals dotted about, running and hunting in various regions.

She also noticed how there were praying skeletons here and there but just ignored it as it was none of her business to question it.

Before they knew it, they were already at the start of the second layer.

"Ahah! I figured it out!"

"The feather thing? You were awfully silent all this time."

"Hehe, watch this."

Misaka closed her eyes and jolts of electricity soon bounced of her body.

Medea just cast a shield around herself and watched.

Eventually, even Medea felt something about Misaka change.

Although nothing on the outside looked different, for some reason Medea couldn't sense 'Misaka', as if she wasn't alive.

"Hehe, not even magicians can do this right?"

"You...-"

"Yes, I changed my entire body into electrons. I look completely normal and in some ways I am, I even have taste buds, organs, a brain and even flowing blood, but my body is made completely of electrons that I control. There is nothing else but that."