Chapter 9 - Changes

Chapter 9 - Changes

It's been a couple weeks since Artoria joined the café squad, and its been busy but not too busy at the same time. It wasn't busy because almost zero customers visited every day, causing everyone to have a lot of free time, and it was busy because of this.

There was too much free time.

Too much, in fact, that even the king of Britain became restless. Medea was somewhat able to cope with this because she was used to it, but not Artoria.

The first and second week was alright. The corrupted version just stayed silent and did the necessary work, and when they swapped one week in, the same applied to the other version. Although this one was more talkative and cheerful.

But, everything changed when the third week attacked. Artoria Alter got so bored mid-week that her hormones got to her brain and challenged Rimuru to a fight. He simply agreed and destroyed her both mentally and physically. After that, she switched her target to Medea, who constantly rejected her with the reason that it could cause damage to the surroundings.

But it did not end there since she challenged her almost all the time, to the point where Ciel got tired of this and redesigned the 20th floor into an infinite battle arena.

Also, if someone dies they will respawn, so one could literally fight to the death forever. One could not get hungry and thirsty.

There were also options, such as increased gravity, fighting a shadow of yourself and others.

All in all, it was the perfect place for Artoria, who as soon as her shift finished, will immediately go up here and start fighting. Normally, she would do it when she was impatient, to release stress, but recently she discovered it to be a perfect way to train.

The room was as big as you will it to be, could create any setting you want. Plus the fact that she has an infinite supply of mana coming from her master, cannot die, cannot get hungry or thirsty, and will always have someone stronger to fight against and can unleash her Excalibur quite freely, it will be quite tempting not to go.

Medea sometimes visited and practiced too, since she was very interested in it.

And quite commonly, the two sparred against each other. Surprisingly, or not surprisingly, Medea always won because of her broken skills, and the fact that she can unleash Ea from Gilgamesh. Eventually, they both decided for her not to use that skill and they are currently 70-5 to Artoria.

Medea didn't complain since it was also to her benefit, and Artoria wasn't annoyed all the time anymore. It was a win-win situation.

As expected of Ciel. Rimuru also approves.

Since Ciel made some changes, so did Rimuru. But he didn't know what to do, so he did the one thing he was good at – naming.

I will add more items to the menu!

And here are the new items:

Dragon's fruit – not the 'dragon fruit', but the 'dragon'S fruit'

Primordial ice-cream – Comes in 7 flavours indicated by their colours! Rouge, Vert, Jaune, Blanc, Noir, Violet and Bleu. Mix the flavours up or order just one!

Dryad biscuit – No, it's not a biscuit made of Dryads, but it is a biscuit made BY Dryads, or the recipe was anyway.

Hmm, that should do.

He turned around to see Ciel staring down at the list with evident shock on her face.

"You're... actually... normal."