Chapter 27 - Clues

Chapter 27 – Clues

After an exhausting round of questioning for Hu Tao, she finally succeeded.

They guided her to a room, and began to bombard her with questions, whilst she supressed her annoyance and answered each one patiently and accurately off the script/story Ainz gave her.

Although looks of doubt and disbelief occasionally appeared on the interviewer's face, somehow he still believed her.

Most likely a lie detecting quirk. Thank god Medea gave this item to me.

After reciting her back story, her quirk was then tested, then after another round of questioning which was actually part of the hero test, she eventually got her license.

"From now on, your quirk will be called [Pyro Staff] and you are now officially a pro-hero. Congratulations!"

YES! Mission success...

...

Because of all the talk, surprisingly it was Ciel who fell asleep, and her head rested on Rimuru's chest. Meanwhile, he was still watching the screen. Since he turned sleep off, he no longer had the need to sleep, so all his intention was focused on the story that was happening before his eyes.

It's so interesting! Just like an anime...

...

It was the first day of school, and the classroom was quite full.

Sitting at the back corner was Kurumi, as she was dressed in the school uniform. Her calm gaze spread across the room and measured everyone's strength and determined their behaviour.

Multiple people tried to approach her, and she politely responded but did not further continue the conversation, so they just left with nothing else to say.

Quite an interesting assortment of people. Very curious quirks as well, but I fail to see how half of the class will become useful as heroes. And then there's Izuku Midoriya, a normal looking boy, curious how he has the residue of multiple souls inside him. Perhaps it's part of his quirk? I could just kill him now, but that would jeopardise the plan and be counter-effective, so I guess I'll just have to blend in and be a good student, at least until it is a suitable time...

Her internal monologue was interrupted by a very sleep-deprived looking person, with black hair and a scarf around his neck.

He introduced himself as Aizawa, their homeroom teacher, and after reprimanding them about behaviour, they went for quirk testing.

Once again I fail to understand why and how this would benefit us. Wouldn't it be better to just to battle and increase our strength? In a villain-ridden world, battles are more beneficial. Perhaps it is better to learn about how to deal with different types of villains rather than seeing how far you can throw a ball...

Mocking the system, Kurumi was next in line to throw a ball. It had a detector to see how far they could throw it.

The previous student got infinity due to a gravity related quirk, which was quite impressive in Kurumi's eyes.

She picked the ball up, and channelled some of her control of time into it. Then she just dropped it onto the floor again.

The counter than beeped on Aizawa's device.

"Infinity."

"WHAT!"

"Huh?"

"But..."

"Silence." His voice overpowered everyone else's, "perhaps you didn't understand what happened. Kurumi's quirk over here is [Time Touch], you don't mind me explaining it do you?"