Chapter 5 - Caster vs Golden Boy

Chapter 5 – Caster vs golden boy

Medea woke up on a good note today. She got up, made her bed, cleaned her room, got dressed and started her work. For lunch, Ciel prepared a hot pot, and they had a lovely time eating it. At this point, she didn't even question it.

There was next to no business as usual. As usual, Rimuru was sleeping over the desk, and Ciel was holed up in her potion-making? And Medea was just there, existing. That was until a rare sight occurred.

Ciel, for some reason, came out and gave her a list of things to buy.

"Hey, could you get these for me?"

"Oh, sure."

"Cheers. Come back soon!"

And she went back to the kitchen. She was quite surprised but thankful since she actually had something to do now. It was only after she exited the café that she looked at the list.

I'm sorry, what is this list? Strawberries, peanuts, caviar, a concave lens, a lightbulb and a football. How do they relate to each other? Forget it, they should all be available at the convenience store.

...

As she left, Ciel simply looked back at the door, and sighed. She didn't want to do this but she had no other choice. Because she didn't want to expose their powers for now, they have to rely on Medea. She knew that a certain gold boy was coming in this direction, and his path happened to cross not far from the convenience store.

She did not, under any circumstance, want that gold guy to come here since he would probably piss off his master, and her as well.

It was a selfish decision, but she was fine with it. Ciel was not a goody-two-shoes protagonist like person. The only being she respects and loves is her master, and she will do anything he wants. Although she acts strict or cheeky with him, in the end all she is doing is for the good of her master. If it benefits him, she will do it, no matter how cruel it may seem. Of course, if it upsets her master, then such an act will be unforgivable.

This will be a gamble. There are two ways it will end. Either Medea is killed by golden boy. Most likely but she can still be revived. Or, Medea powers up during the fight and kills golden boy. Then, she will be of even more use to darling. Both outcomes are tolerable, although I would prefer the latter.

Now, everything just depends on her.

...

"Oho, a mere servant dares to get in my way?"

Instantly, a sword is fired off at Medea, but is blocked by the barrier surrounding her.

"Oh? Interesting. You actually managed to block one of my swords."

Medea was shocked to say the least. She was caught off guard and just happened to meet one of the strongest heroes on her way to the store.

But she was more shocked by the fact that her barrier was still intact. After all, the noble phantasm that Gilgamesh fired had a piercing quirk. She deduced that it must've been her master's pure and abundant mana that gave her such a boost in strength.

"You have some of my respect now. To have a barrier that can defend against a piercing noble phantasm, the magic must be very advanced. You must be Caster, Witch of Betrayal Medea from the age of gods right? Don't even think about escaping, I have put a warding barrier around us, so feel free to go all out." Gilgamesh started laughing.

Medea didn't say a word, she simply clicked her tongue and started firing bolts of light at Gilgamesh.

"Rho Aias". It was all blocked, but Medea kept on firing.