Chapter 28 - Hu Tao

Chapter 28 – Hu Tao

What a mess...

Kurumi thought as she found herself in a dark area.

Once again spreading her senses, she identified it to be a bar, albeit an empty one.

After another couple minutes wait, some familiar people appeared, but the hand-person was very angry at how he lost his abomination.

"Shigaraki, at least we still have Kurumi... so we still succeeded in some ways." It was obvious that the mist person was more logical thinking, and this eventually calmed him down.

Shigaraki? THAT Shigaraki? So it seems like it was the right choice after all.

(I found Shigaraki. Turns out he was the main leader behind this.)

(Hmmm. That's good.)

(Should I kill him now?)

(No, try and get as much information as possible. Perhaps he may be related to the person called All for One)

(Okay)

She was going to pretend to wake up then, but a voice sounded so she decided against it and to watch and observe.

"Master, I have acquired Kurumi, the one that you want."

"Really? Very well done Shigaraki, you exceeded my expectations. Another one of the reasons why I chose you." The voice laughed and gave words of approval. "Now, put the body on the table and I'll take her away."

He did just that, and Kurumi then felt a disgusting silver gel flow appear in her mouth, before flowing out and covering her. Then, she felt space crack around her.

I've been teleported again. Do they love teleportation so much? Twice in 20 minutes!

Spreading her senses again, she found herself in a very different place. Instead of chairs, there were capsules and instead of a counter, there was a main-control system.

"Doctor, I'll leave the rest to you."

"Of course. I won't let you down."

To her dissatisfaction, her body was placed inside a capsule, and the lid was shut, sealing her off.

A strange feeling spread throughout her body, and felt that her strength was very slowly seeping away.

(...And that is what's happening.)

(Can you escape?)

(Of course)

(Is this body still a clone, or the main one?)

(Well of course it's a clone. My main one is still safely hidden away, and if it was my main one, this machine wouldn't even tickle me.)

(Hmm, then are you fine with sacrificing this body then?)

(Sure, I'll just have to buy another one from the shop)

Before Kurumi met the chat, she relied on her past selves to take over her if her current body dies.

She can make copies of herself in different spots of time, but it was very inconvenient, since if she dies, then that 'her' would truly die. The others would replace her but if they die then once again the cycle repeats.

She thought this was necessary for her mission, but ever since she met the chat, everything changed.

There was an option to make a clone of yourself. A completely lifeless clone that supports 35% of your power.

This was the best life-saver for Kurumi, literally, as she bought one and transferred inside.

This way, there won't be needless sacrifices of her past selves. If this body dies, she will return to her true body somewhere else. It also has every function of a normal body, and apart from the decrease in strength, she did not feel any other differences between this and her main body.