Chapter 36 - Ciel... on a Throne?

Chapter 36 – Ciel... on a Throne?

The 3 meter-tall ant slowly walked up to the throne which was standing high.

There was a total of 20 steps before reaching it, and just as he stepped on the first step, his body was instantly knocked back.

Alarmed, he dug his foot into the floor and managed to make himself stable.

"My liege..."

"Don't worry about it. Something like this would definitely not be easy." He narrowed his eyes and looked at the woman still with her eyes closed on the throne.

Meanwhile, Ciel was thinking about how to make this more interesting.

Click.

Before they could react, a semi-transparent wall rose into the sky, blocking off their way forward, and on the side appeared a game-like interface.

Time: 2:59:58

Kills: 0/100000

Reward: Pass

Failure: Death

It was simple enough, and everyone understood the hidden meanings behind it.

100000 kills in 3 hours! Are you joking me?

At this point, some people began to break down, but Sun Jinwoo looked calm whilst his shadow enlarged.

Then, the floor shook and 5 pillars were created.

Inside was a picture of a monster which didn't look intimidating at all, and as they began to underestimate it, thousands began to rush out.

Their prominent features were their small size. They looked just like goblins out of a game.

Preparing themselves, they fought and fought. Blood was splattered everywhere and Sung Jinwoo's shadows were actually a very good counter to this.

As beings that could not die and tire, they held an absolute advantage in this battle of attrition. The humans there didn't really do too much, only cutting down an odd creature here and there.

The shadows formed a circle around the group, so they were quite safe.

Until the number hit 25000.

Stopping at that exact number, all creatures vanished. Then, the image on the pillars changed.

Now, it looked way stronger and more intimidating. They had the appearance of an overly buffed orc, which was quite a big step up from mere goblins.

Once again, thousands started to swarm them and this time, they couldn't just rely on the shadows.

The protective circle strategy was very effective however, and although more got through it was still not too much of a challenge. More shadows fell but new ones swiftly replaced them whilst they rested back up in Sung Jinwoo's shadow.

But their sheer numbers were very impressive. Surprisingly, more and more got through and their defence began to break.

It was then that the one named Beru made a move.

He flashed and almost instantly, the counter went up by 800, evident by the amount of limbs and blood flying in the air.

Hoh?

With the aid of Beru, the counter then reached 50000 within the next hour.

Currently, they had 1:50:40 left on the timer and were half way done.

Now was when the bigshots arrived.

Once again disappearing, the creatures stopped and the image in the 5 pillars soon changed into something more ominous.