Chapter 57 - Meeting of the Three

Chapter 57 – Meeting of the Three

"Gawk! You are almost there!"

"Yeah yeah I got it. Shut up!"

Inosuke shouted angrily. In the distance, amidst the trees he could see the outline of the house.

Huh?

Normally, places with demon have a scent of blood and danger, but not this place.

He found this abnormally strange. The place was too quiet and silent.

Supressing the chill down his spine, he gritted his teeth and went in.

A cold draft automatically blew against him, and with a heavy step he quickly shuttled through the rooms.

However all he discovered was nothing. Despite looking abandoned, there wasn't a speck of dust to be seen on any furniture. Everything was in perfect condition, which even to the wild Inosuke, it felt a little unsettling.

And it was also night time, but there were no humans, or any living creature there for that matter. Not even the presence of blood could be detected.

"Seventh Form: Spacial Awareness." By expanding his sense of touch and incorporating breathing techniques, he could sense every minute thing that is happening across the house.

As his senses spread, he noticed that the house was indeed abandoned. However, when he concentrated at the centre, he saw something, someone.

It was a blue-haired human-looking figure, sitting on the floor in a lotus meditation position. In his lap was a sheathed katana. His hair flowed freely down his back. His eyes were closed, and he was in a harmless state, but just by looking at him sent unprecedented danger signals down Inosuke's back.

He swiftly retracted the technique and stood still.

That's... the demon. I... actually can't win. That thing is too strong. Why is it just sitting there doing nothing. Does it even know I'm here? Forget it. This is something I'll leave to the other demon slayers. The stronger ranks, like whatever those kids said at the test.

He looked towards the centre of the house once again, and turned around and headed for the exit.

But against his expectations, he actually couldn't find it.

Using his special awareness again, making sure to avoid the centre, he searched the entire house but still no exit.

This may have been the first time he started panicking. He stood there and did nothing but quietly breath.

Fuck it I'm going. If I win, then that means I'll just be even stronger than him. I'll be the God of the mountains then. Hahaha.

He steeled his resolve and made his way to the centre.

But then... embarrassingly... he couldn't even find the centre. He made his way in the direction, but got lost in the myriad of doors and rooms.

Well... this wasn't planned.

Even by using his special awareness, he still couldn't find a way there.

This kinda enraged him, and he began to slash at all the doors he passed by, and he started making weird grunting noises.

...

"Just kill me already..."

"For the hundredth time, I won't kill you."

"If you won't then the demons will! I would rather die at a human's hand than a demon's."

"Didn't you mention that you wanted a wife?"