Chapter 44 - Preparations and Descent

Chapter 44 – Preparations and Descent

**Extra Information:

The abyss is a colossal pit discovered 1900 years ago around the islands of the southern ocean of Beolusk. The vertical hole has a diameter of around 1000 meters and is at a depth of at least 20000 meters, with it's exact depth unknown. It possesses a unique ecosystem, wherein lie the remnants of an ancient and advanced civilisation. Many challenge the Abyss pursuing countless hidden treasures and relics of immense value. To explore, valiant cave raiders called Delvers emerged, and the town of Orth was established at the edge of the Abyss.

...

"So you are railgun?"

"Yeah, my true name's Misaka, nice to meet you!"

After a not so cool landing in trees, both patted their clothes and shoulders, before introducing themselves.

Misaka extended her hand out and looked at Medea, seeing her in person for the first time.

She's taller than me.

"My true name is Medea, as they said on the group chat, likewise it is very nice to meet you in person as well." She gripped her hand and they shook.

"Mm."

"Don't mind me asking, but you better now?"

"Of course! I'm way better, and I'm actually very excited for this mission, but..."

"But?"

"The extra information, it worries me?"

"The extra information? Now that you mention it, it is way more than my previous ones."

"To my understanding and others, the more extra information you get, the more complicated the world is."

"Oh, to be fair I didn't pay attention to it too much. Now that I think about it, my last mission was quite simple, and the world was also quite simple. Because of this, the extra information wasn't too long, but now..."

She reread the entire paragraph.

"This just means that the world probably has multiple different layers to it, and the mission of saving someone called Irumyuui won't be as easy as it seems. Are you down for it?"

"Am I down? Of course I'm down! First step it to gather information about the so called Abyss. There has to be more to it than what the system gave us."

"Of course, information is key."

Whilst walking to the nearby settlements, they began to chat about themselves and various other things.

"So, what's your powers then. Those weapons listed are insane. No one's bought them so far."

"Well, that's to be expected to be honest. As for my abilities, I am a mage. I can cast different types of magics, and I also have access to this space called the Gate of Babylon where all the weapons of humanity is stored."

"Woah! That's so cool, so that's where the weapons are from."

"Yes, what about you?"

"You see, I can control electrons freely and can think very fast."

"Electrons?"

"You don't know about electrons?"

"No I do, it's just that that's quite the complex ability."

"Yeah it is."

"I'm just thinking, if you manipulate ones in the outer shell to detach from the atom, then huge amounts of energy will be released. In theory, you possess infinite energy since with your mind you can remove electrons at will. They release energy without putting anything in. And also, you can probably use the electrons to change the entire atom itself, and the protons and neutrons are exempted either. You could make a nuclear blast if you tried, and al-"