Chapter 18 - Kobayashi's trouble and a brilliant solution

Chapter 18 – Kobayashi's troubles and a brilliant solution

The next couple of weeks went by, unnaturally calmly with nothing major happening.

The usuals of the café were still coming on schedule, although Rimuru noticed that Kobayashi seemed to more strange lately, and she had the scent of multiple dragons on her.

Nothing abnormal happened in the group chat for Medea, and Artoria and Ciel were still holed up in their hobbies.

The peace was greatly welcomed, but was soon disturbed by another presence.

*Ding. The doors opened to reveal Kobayashi, not drunk surprisingly enough, but her aura was all doom and gloom.

Since she was a familiar face, Medea greeted her more informally than the others.

"Oh, welcome. What's wrong? You seem down in the dumps."

"Hey Medea, it's just that recently, these people moved into my house, but I don't know how to deal with them."

"People moved into your house? You can call the police for that you know."

"I know, but they have... special circumstances and I can't refuse them. It's been like this for the past couple days."

"Are they nice? Are they bothering you then?"

"They are nice actually, a bit too nice in fact, but they're not really a bother. It's just that... okay. Let's just say hypothetically, if an ancient powerful dragon asks you to take her to school, would you?"

"That's certainly a weird question." She wasn't dumb. Hearing this, she put two and two together in her head, and realised that that is probably what she's going through, but for the conversation's sake she just went along with it.

"I would say that I would, but it really depends. Describe this so called dragon"

"Describe? How can I put this... although the dragon's powerful, she also has the mind of a child, which is why she wants to go to school. But she kinda doesn't have any self control."

"Oh? It sounds like you know of such dragon."

"A-Ah no. Just hypothetically of course." Medea just smiled at this.

"Of course, regarding the question before, if that was the case then I would probably assign a guardian to her, or if that's inconvenient, have someone who can control her as an undercover teacher or someone who works there. Then, they can continuously observe her and if something happens, the person could step in."

"...That actually sounds like a good idea. But, it's just where to get such a person..."

At this point, Artoria, the uncorrupted one, walked out of the kitchen holding her beloved infinite bowl of food, with a sandwich in her mouth.

Feeling multiple gazes on her back, she stopped chewing and looked back with a perplexed stare.

"I know just the person..."

...

The next day, during when the shop was closed, the tables were rearranged into a long meeting desk. On one side, there was Medea, Artoria and Ciel, and on the other, there was Kobayashi, a little girl who called herself 'Kanna', and another girl who looked a bit older called 'Tohru'. She was also dressed in a maid outfit.

At the head of the desk was Rimuru, with both arms on the desk, propping his head up with black sunglasses on and a serious expression.

"It seems everyone is here, then let us start this meeting..."