Chapter 23- Character Development

Chapter 23 – Character Development

They were in a long meeting room.

On one side was Artoria and Yasaka, whilst on the other was Azazael and Serafall.

Some students were also present, including Issei and his crew.

After he woke up, he started to complain a bit on the group chat, but didn't elaborate further so everyone just thought it was a rant.

Anyway, once everyone gathered, Azazael smiled and began.

"It seems everyone is here, then let us start this meeting..."

Urrgghhhh.... Why am I getting déjà vu? She shivered a bit at remembering how she was completely and utterly destroyed in the face of Ciel in the same type of gathering.

First of all, he asked Issei and co to recite their accounts of what happened.

"Now, miss Artoria, please explain to us what happened exactly."

She didn't complain and told the story how it was.

"I was strolling on the streets when I felt a disruption in space in front of me, so I slipped in and hid myself whilst I watched what was going on. It seemed like they were getting defeated, "she looked towards Issei, "so I decided to step in and help. Through my brave efforts there were no unfortunate casualties and everything worked out."

"That... is quite an oversimplified version of it. First of all, how did you even get into the space? Not even Serafall and I could, since it is made by the wielder of Dimension Lost after all."

"Well, my sword is quite strong."

"A sword."

A brief flash of light shone before a golden sword appeared in her hand.

Azazael frowned a bit but didn't say anything, but this was different for the rest there.

The most affected was Serafall. As she looked at the sword, her eyes constricted and cold sweat ran down her back. Her hands started shaking and her body itself was petrified in fear, but then the feeling vanished.

She only took the sword out for less than a second, but it was more than enough to horrify everyone there.

"This sword. As expected it would cause quite a reaction from devils."

"W-w-what was that?" Serafall questioned. Azazael also had a curious look.

"That, was my sword."

"..."

"..."

"What?"

"I mean, what sword was it?"

"Oh, its name is Excalibur."

"Excalibur, but I thought the church had them all."

"Those are fakes. You see, the weapons others call Excalibur that is owned by this supposed church is actually a fake imitation of the real version. It may have similar abilities and appearances, but ultimately the difference between the two is insurmountable."

"I see, so it seems you are the true wielder of the true 'Excalibur'?"

"Yes. My full name is Artoria Pendragon. I am the progenitor of the Pendragon family." Or at least that's what I think I am.

"Artoria Pendragon?" Serafall looked down and a look of deep thought was evident on her face.

"Then let me ask the most important question, why are you here? You have not appeared ever since the British Empire fell. Now you show up here and was hired as a history teacher at Kuoh Academy. What is it you want?"