Chapter 38 - Hunters... Assemble!

Chapter 38 – Hunters... Assemble!

"[Announcement: If anyone meets a red-eyed and blue-haired figure, please report to the authorities immediately, and do not engage]"

...

"So whacha think about this case." A very intimidating person said. His voice literally echoed across the meeting room. It was quite clear that was someone in a high position of power.

Around a table sat people who looked down in contemplation. And at the end of the table was a screen depicting Ciel, or the few pictures they have of her.

As soon as she appeared, lots of S-rank hunters were called into Korea as an emergency, especially after her actions and crimes, and the unusual appearance of her from a red gate.

In just a couple hours, tens of hunters assembled into a meeting room to discuss her, and what is to be done.

"It is certainly interesting and a first on this world. If not for her actions I would've tried to befriend her." A person wearing glasses said.

"Yes... Mass genocide, killed thousands of hunters from across the world, stolen all classified information from countries, destroyed entire cities, all in the span of an hour. Quite impressive."

"Thomas, are you praising her?"

"I will praise where it is due. You can't help but admit that she is very strong."

"So will you make a move then?"

"I will. Judging from her goals and directions, it is quite probable that she is going to Tokyo next. We will meet her there. It is decided."

...

"This cup is quite interesting. Its major feature is containing some essence of law from this world inside it. The being who made this would be quite strong compared to everyone else in this world, don't you agree?" She looked down.

Beneath her were millions of what looked like angels. She was sitting on a pile of corpses. There were so many that her altitude was hundreds of meters in the air, compared to the ground.

The only one alive was the very top one, the one she sat on.

"H-how dare you." The creature barely made an audible whisper, "we rulers..."

"Yeah yeah yeah rulers huh. Quite an arrogant name compared to anything else. Let me tell you the only person who deserves the title 'ruler' is my husband. You can't even compare."

She proceeded to rip off both its wings.

After seeing it suffer for a while longer she finally ended its life.

*sigh. I thought this would bring some clues as to why I'm here, but it was just a bunch of arrogant pricks deciding to be annoying. Trying to kill me? Dream on. Interesting objects aside, I must admit that turning off that intelligence perk is really a good decision. Makes it more interesting.

However, it seems that I only have a couple hours left before I wake up. *sigh I would love to stay a bit longer but it is time to end this excursion. It seems the hunters are going to Tokyo. Do they really think I'm that predictable? I guess I'll just have to play along then.

She then disappeared from her spot, leaving silence and a mountain of corpses. Then, a small light sparked at the top, and a raging torrent of fire mercilessly burned all the bodies to a crisp, not even leaving ash behind.

...

Currently, she was dressed like a foreign tourist. As it was quite warm, she wore a simple dress with a straw hat and sunglasses, although her hair was quite suspicious.