Chapter 41 - Slice of Life

Chapter 41 – Slice of Life

It was a bright morning.

The sun was shining, the birds were twirping, and the wind was blowing gently.

As it was a national holiday in Japan, all shops were required to close. Well, not required but they were definitely not going to get any customers.

To Tempest Café, this wasn't much of a concern however, but nonetheless they still closed.

"We're going on a date!" A very happy Rimuru exclaimed, leaving a puzzled Artoria Alter and Medea.

"The shop's closed, so there won't be any customers. Takin advantage of this, we're going out! You two are free to do whatever you want, just no killing, no murder, no genocide, no destruction, no-"

"We get it, please have a good trip."

"Thanks and bye!"

Expectedly, Rimuru was the more immature one, who rushed out of the door like a kid, and Ciel soon followed more graciously, but still quite giddy.

...

"So what now?" It was quite an awkward atmosphere inside the café, as the two sources of conversation just left. Salter first broke the silence.

"I don't know. Did you even expect this to happen?"

"No, you?"

"No."

"Well, I don't blame you."

"So... do you have any plans on what your going to do now?"

"Me? I don't really know. Perhaps I will go outside." Even though it was a question, she just left the café straight away.

Medea was actually thinking how weird it was for the corrupted Artoria to speak so much on her own accord, but she was just getting her hopes up.

Sighing to herself, she looked around the place and teleported herself somewhere, leaving behind the silence once again.

...

With Rimuru and Ciel.

"So, where we going?" A curious Ciel asked.

"I don't really know, haven't thought that far yet."

"Oh, then why..."

"Because it will be interesting to go with the flow, you know?"

"Oh."

After an hour of mindless wandering, and an interesting conversation later, they soon found themselves in the middle of the ocean.

"Oh."

"Oh."

...

With Medea

This library seems big and vast enough. Maybe there would be something interesting here...

This wasn't the first time she teleported into a random library. This was one of her strange hobbies. She would always just turn invisible and go to random libraries to read the books and see if there were any that interests her.

Normally, she would just end up at local ones and sometimes maybe a national one, but those paled in comparison to this one she was in.

Flipping through the books, she examined the details and craftmanship of the covers.

These are all intricately designed. This must be a grand national library or something of this era.

These titles though... are a bit strange aren't they?