Chapter 42 - Ophis

Chapter 42 – Ophis

The plates stacked up on the table with shocked people all around.

It's been an hour and Artoria Alter was still eating.

"Quick, more food!" The waiters were very busy with transporting the dishes from the kitchen to the table, then taking the empty plates back to the kitchen.

At this point, all attention was on Artoria; literally no one else was eating. It became a show instead and everyone watched her munch away.

"Hey, whatda reckon the price for all that would be?"

"I don't know man, but it would be a lot."

"Does she have enough money?"

"Why are you asking me?"

The thing is, without interruption, she could probably go on for another day, but it just happened that this moment was when Rimuru and Ciel wrapped up their game.

Those who were relaxing on the beach saw an obvious retreat in the water.

The lifeguards noticed this and rushed to the helplines, whilst others evacuated everyone.

Artoria suddenly stood up, then a massive earthquake struck. Rubble began to fall, plates collapsed, people fell over and everyone was in chaos.

Maybe, if this was the normal Artoria, she would try and expend effort to help people, but...

An earthquake?

She did not even have that thought in mind.

Her attention was attracted to the strange and sudden disaster.

Amidst the chaos, she easily left the building and jumped from building to building until she had a clear view of the coast.

In the distance, she saw a massive wave heading towards land.

I've never seen a tsunami that big before... It must exceed at least 200 meters!

... Yeah, the people here are fked... good luck dealing with that...

Disregarding the people, she just simply left.

...

"Oh Medea, you're back."

"Mm, did you enjoy yourself?"

"Of course, I won as well."

"Shut up."

"Heh, oh Ciel. Did we forget something?"

Ciel's sight then travelled to Italy and saw the 200m wave, "no"

"Oh, feels like something was forgotten, nevermind then."

*Ding "Oh Artoria, you're back too."

"Yeah, everyone's here?"

"Apparently, just in time for lunch too."

"I'll get cooking then."

And then they lived happily ever after...

...

Meanwhile:

"WHAT!" A very angry god was looking at this from the sky.

"Hey Poseidon, I think you should sort this out then."

"Sort this out? I would love to but that wave is not natural. I can't control things that aren't natural."

"Why are you relying on your divinity so much? Just use your own strength dimwit! If you don't, it wouldn't be just Italy that floods!"

"But I would exhaust myself."