Chapter 40 - The Universes

Chapter 40 – The Universes

A young boy could be seen running for his life.

Behind him were tens of people chasing him with cheap wooden swords and very simple armour, but they were definitely stronger nonetheless.

The boy did not have any parents, he couldn't even remember their faces. Growing up, he faced countless difficulties such as dehydration, starvation, discrimination etc. Just then, after going 2 days without any food, he finally gave in and stole a batch of bread from a nearby village, which angered the locals.

They then informed the patrolling rank 1 knights who started to chase him, most likely because they had nothing better to do, but that was only what the boy thought.

A mere 13 year old boy trying to survive in this harsh environment with no other help.

However, despite being uneducated and poor, he still knew some crucial information, which was why he was running away.

He possessed above average agility and stamina, but he knew that he was still no match for a knight.

They can be split into 8 ranks, with 1 being the weakest and 8 being absolute legends to look up to. But even a rank 1 knight would be able to trump him, nevermind 10s.

He still did not give up though and carried on running into a forest, which after a couple hours, he finally lost them.

He hated them. His mind was very quick and calculative, unbefitting of a 13 year old but no one knew that.

Panting but smiling, he unloaded his small rucksack over his shoulders and chomped on a piece of bread. Running all that way had completely exhausted him of his remaining energy.

Just as he was about to move on to the second piece, he heard a rustle in the bushes, and as the seconds passed he was able to make out the figure.

She had blonde hair, and wore complete black with red patterns on her dress.

The most noticeable detail were the black marks on her skin, but he didn't have a chance to question it.

"Hey kid."

"Mphh" She waited for him to finish chewing.

"Do you hate this world?"

"What?"

"Do you hate this world?"

"Uh, why?"

"Just answer the question. Do you hate this world? Do you hate everything about this world? How the knights treat commoners and civilians unkindly and arrogantly? Do you wish to oppose them?"

"...Yes" No matter how innocent and young he seemed on the outside, truth is he had been through a lot, and his thoughts were quick to respond.

"Good. I will offer you a deal. I will give you power."

"Power? Like the abilities that high rank knights have?"

A smile crept on her face, "yes, even stronger than 8th rank knights. A power that truly stands pinnacle in this world. I will give it to you. In exchange, I want you to build your own nation, your own kingdom and your own knights. I want you to oppose the Kingdom of Knights as much as you can."

"But..."

"You hate them right? Use everything you have to oppose them."

"... Okay? I accept." A resolute glint shined in his eyes as he continued to eat the bread.

"Oh, you won't be needing to eat that."

Before he had the chance to respond, a dark mist flew out under her dress and glided into the boy's mouth. He dropped whatever he was holding and started to squirm in the ground.