Chapter 17 - Dimensional Group Chat... wait what?

Chapter 17 – Dimensional Group Chat... wait what?

She found herself somehow above the ground, floating in the sky in an ethereal state. Her body was semi-transparent and she figured out that she could move normally, if it wasn't for the fact that there was nothing to step on.

Then, a person walked, seemingly unfazed by no ground in front of her, and foreign memories suddenly gushed into her head.

She remembered the contract that she made in a different timeline, and everything started to make sense.

"I died." She didn't start begging for her life or another chance, but accepted this fate.

"You did, now it's time for your side of the contract."

"Very well." Then once again, her memories began to stir and her sight became cloudy.

"Don't you have anything else to say?"

"Why?" Her thoughts became slower and some distant memories became a haze.

"You are literally going to die, not just death but complete destruction. Everything you did will be for nothing. Are you not at least somewhat upset?"

With the last of her strength, she managed to make a sentence before completely being deleted.

"I simply lost, that's all."

A simple line with a powerful meaning.

Then her body disappeared.

Rimuru stared at where she dissipated for another couple seconds, in thought, before leaving.

...

Medea was perhaps the most dutiful out of the crew working at the café. Rimuru was constantly sleeping at the desk, Ciel never left the kitchen and having a conversation with was akin to walking the line between life and death, and Artoria always was chewing on something ever since Rimuru gave her an infinite bottomless bowl of snacks.

There were all strange in their own rights, but she still cared for them, however today, this was about to change.

A flash of light from nowhere suddenly shone and aimed straight for Medea's forehead. By passing all of the protective barriers she placed around the place, it alarmed her, however, thought speed was always quicker than reaction speed.

Although she knew something got pass, her body was still too slow to deal with it, and unfortunately the ray quickly met her forehead.

She prepared herself for the worst, but strangely enough, she didn't die, but a mechanic voice echoed in her head.

"Greetings the one known as Medea. You have been invited to the 'Dimensional Group Chat', would you like to join?"

...

Despite these words that sounded in her head, both Rimuru and Ciel heard it.

(Hey Ciel, what is this?)

(If I were to guess, it would be a group chat type system that invites multiple characters across the multiverse. It seems like multiple world wills from this multiverse banded up to create this system in order to repel us, the anomalies.)

(What! But we didn't do anything)

(Well...)

(Ciel, what did you do?)

(I may have forcefully merged lots of different universes into one, which already disrupted the worlds. Then I rewinded time and rewrote history for our convenience, which may have been the last straw for them)