Chapter 14 - Plot Twist and Fate?

Chapter 14 – Plot Twist and Fate?

They eventually got out of there alive. Because of the hacking and slashing technique of Denji, the devil ended up dying from too much pain. It offered it's heart to Denji in the hopes to end it, but he just responded with: "Eh, it's over already?"

After, most went to the hospital to recover, then for some reason Rimuru found himself at a drinking party.

Normally, he would naturally enjoy it, and lower his poison immunity. Even if he dies, he could just revive again. However, he couldn't enjoy this specific dinner because of the new person who arrived.

"Sorry I'm late." She said as she sat down.

Denji looked like he was struggling with something.

Probably debating whether to kiss her or Makima. Ahhh, the choices we men have to make...

Rimuru's thought process was quite complicated, as expected of a godly being.

But he soon realised that Makima kept staring at him, to the point where it made him uncomfortable.

What's her problem?

Then, one of the people suggested to have a little icebreakers, and introduce everyone.

"I'm 16."

"What!!"

"Nani!!"

Everyone was surprised that such a young person was a devil hunter. Normally, those who were, were people who suffered from devils in the past, and vowed to kill them even if it cost them their life.

"And now Rimuru. Please introduce yourself."

"Eh hemm. My name's Rimuru as said by Makima-sama. I am the mythology fiend. I joined because I had no choice. I was basically minding my own business when Makima almost ran me over. She then threatened me to either join or die." He said in resignation.

"Mythology fiend?"

"Yeah."

"What's that?"

"Idk."

His gaze found Aki, who began explaining on his behalf.

"He told me before that he can call upon the strengths of beings from different mythologies. When we fought the eternity devil, he manifested Excalibur from what I'm assuming to be the Arthurian mythos."

"That's quite the power."

Rimuru nodded and continued eating.

The rest of the evening was quite uneventful.

A few days has passed since then, and Rimuru was getting bored again. Every night, he went back to Tempest Café and snuggled up in Ciel's arm to sleep, always acting spoilt.

These boring days would soon end however, because after listening to Rimuru's complaining, Ciel decided to add the 'main protagonist halo' to Rimuru for an instant. In other words, now all interesting events will in one way or another happen to Rimuru.

And this was evident on the next day, when he was walking down the street.

He heard a bang, and time seemed to slow down. He looked behind himself to see a bullet in front of his eye. He noticed that 3 people were following him ever since he left the café.

Resuming back to normal time, he tilted his head to the side and avoided it.

"Huh? Again quick!"

A barrage of bullets soon followed, but none hit the target. Before they could even respond, Rimuru appeared behind them and knocked them out.