Chapter 20 - Inheritors and Progenitors

Chapter 20 – Inheritors and Progenitors

"Sensei?"

An awkward silence echoed across the battlefield, but it was soon broken by a hearty laugh.

"HAHAHA! You never cease to amaze me Issei! You called her sensei, so I should assume you just summoned your own teacher here." Even tears started to form in his eyes.

His subordinates also started to grin, but didn't really make too much of a noise.

"Issei? What's the meaning of this?"

Rule number three of Ciel's deceitful techniques, feign ignorance and go from there...

Needless to say, she has corrupted her personality. For the better or worse it was still to be decided.

"Uh. Sensei I can explain-"

"HAHA! Issei, is that what you want? Do you wish for me to kill her and anger you to the point of powering up. I didn't know you had this kind of thought. I must praise you, well done!"

"Issei?"

"No, Sensei, it really isn't like that." He pleaded desperately, and was on the brink of tears.

"Issei, although I applaud you for your interesting battle plans, I can only confess that it was only teasing. My real praise for you is bringing someone-"

Suddenly, his spear extended in the blink of an eye and went straight towards her head to which she just tipped her head to the right.

The blow only hit air.

Issei was completely and utterly shocked by the change in temperament.

"-interesting." Secretly on guard, he smiled and looked at the new figure deeply.

He expected her to be somewhat alarmed and surprised by this sudden provocation, at least on the inside, since real warriors don't let their emotions show on their face.

He was actually right, for Artoria was panicking inside, but not for the reasons Cao Cao thought.

What do I do?... They're not leaving me alone like I thought they would. Now I have to fight back for my pride but I don't want to mess in things I shouldn't. Arghhh...

"Siegfried."

"I was waiting for the call." A happy and elated looking Siegfried jumped forward, still wielding 6 swords.

At a speed incomprehensible to an average human's eye, he dashed forward right in front of Artoria.

"Sorry girl but it will be over soon."

To his complete shock, for some reason the strike was blocked.

A shield? No, it doesn't feel like it. Maybe a weapon...

Figuring it out, he didn't have a choice but to put two swords forward and block according his instincts, and it indeed saved him. The force blew Siegfried back multiple steps.

After stabilizing himself, he squinted his eyes at her, "you're more trouble than I thought huh. My name's Siegfried. This beloved sword in my hand is Gram, otherwise known as the Demonic Emperor Sword. This one is Durandal, and Balmung, Nothung, Tyrfing and Dainsleif." He began introducing himself and his swords, which would only be done to worthy opponents, at least in his eyes.

However, he soon frowned when the reply he was expecting did not happen. "Are you truly a knight? It is etiquette to return the name."

"Oh... I apologise." The truth was, she was pondering about what to do. Causing trouble basically meant more clean up work to do. Without taking her sight of Siegfried, her senses focused on Issei for a second, and after realising he was in an idiotic daze she then began to concentrate her stance. However, her clothes were rather informal for this occasion. A black hoodie, joggers and trainers. Probably not suitable.