The Four Champions

The Four Champions

Halloween day had come faster than most had anticipated. The students of Hogwarts had been more enthusiastic than years before, with every House earning points, students arriving on time to class, studying and more. The new classes and teachers were thriving and Hadrian adored the change. Remus and Charlie were ecstatic with their work, Remus himself loved by most if not all the students and Charlie a favorite of the Slytherins who adored dark creatures so they in turn enjoyed the knowledge he had of them. 

Everyone had been so busy they had not even noticed when Halloween had rolled around and by then, Hogwarts did not call it Halloween. Instead most students had learned of Samhain and were now celebrating it how it should have been to begin with. All the while waiting for the Champions to be announced.

Hadrian himself thought Cedric would be chosen. Along with Fleur and Viktor, his Inferno were the brightest and strongest young wizards there so he expected nothing less. Either way, the Inferno would gain the favor of all of wizarding Britain no matter who won.

"I heard from Severus that the Dark Lord and the inner circle have gotten closer." murmured Padma, leaning back in Blaise's arms while the latter read a book, one hand on her waist while the other held his book up, his eyes scanning the pages intently. Across from them sat Cedric and Fred, the elder red head seeming focused on his next move. He and the popular Hufflepuff were playing a game of chess after having been beaten by Ron only moments ago.

The younger red head off to the side, writing an essay and muttering under his breath as he did. Neville was splayed out beside him, drifting off. His dark hair was messy and he hadn't bothered fixing his robes, arms crossed over his chest and a peaceful expression on his face.

Luna was having a conversation with Parvati, who seemed to be listening intently and Fleur was showing George a hex that only the students of Beauxbatons knew.

"That's good. I heard before that they were fighting amongst themselves to gain our Lord's favor." commented Fred, brows scrunched as his fingers hovered over his pawn. Cedric looked confident but said nothing to deter the Slytherin boy. "Not the original members or Severus, Remus and Sirius. It was mostly from outer circle members and members that became traitors later. Supposedly for a long time our Lord had not felt like himself. He was more distant toward his followers, colder." said Draco Malfoy from his seat in front of the coffee table. The handsome blonde was dressed in a white collared shirt and black trousers, the sleeves lifted to his elbows and his hair tied back in a neat ponytail.

Solaris was at his side, the elegant feline leaning into the blonde while he scratched her ears gently. 

Charlie, though a professor, was seated beside the bookshelf, going over essays and papers he received from his students, Viktor commenting on how he was impressed at the students' new found dedication to their studies. The bulgarian was leaning against the wall, his dark eyes tired and his form relaxed among his peers. The Inferno had quickly become his family and it was almost as if he had known no other place but with them.

"I'm glad it has changed. A Dark Lord's followers are only as strong as the connection between them." said Luna offhandedly, Sebastian tilting his head at the comment. The handsome young Merlin descendant was had been staring off into space, seemingly just enjoying the company of his friends before he came to at the young Ravenclaw's words. "Not exactly. Yes the bond helps, but his followers should be strong of their own talents and will. Never rely fully on your Lord to always protect and guide you. You'll become weak and lazy, like the Order." he replied, George nodding in agreement.