Panic! In The Order of The Phoenix

William "Bill" Weasley, sighed heavily, pressing his fingers to his temples lightly.

All around there was shouting, cursing, even some shrieking from those who were more on the cowardly side. Surprising for aurors.

His hazel eyes met the matching brown of Charlie Weasley, his brother, and the man rolled his eyes.

In the corner, Fred and George were oddly silent, observing everyone with certain gleams in their eyes. Ron and Ginny weren't allowed to be in the room.

"It must be a mistake!" wailed Molly, his mother and Madeye Moody growled, his magical eye trained on her. "It was no mistake Molly! I saw him with my own eyes! The Dark Lord is back and he's better than ever. His magic could be felt even from the highest level of Azkaban!"

"He's right...and the Death Eaters..they were just as vicious as all those years ago. No..worse. And I'm not just talking about the inner circle.." Nymphadora Tonks paused, shuddering, "The outer circle was terrifying as well. It was like facing a real army. They were working together and not killing each other off. They were focused..."

There was silence at this, and Albus Dumbledore finally spoke.

"Severus, did he call you for the raid?" asked the great wizard, blue eyes trained on the brooding male who had been silent throughout the commotion. The man nodded.

"He did."

More outraged cries and Albus hissed, "Silence!"

Unsurprisingly, no one listened and the man sighed deeply, waving a hand. It was as if the room had gone mute somehow and now all eyes were on him.

"Why did you not warn us?" he questioned.

"I received no warning. Voldemort did not summon me until the day of the raid. I had no way of knowing that he had recruited more Death Eaters. Nor did I know their level of skill until the raid had begun." he replied and Madeye scowled.

"Yeah? Are you saying he doesn't trust you anymore?" he spat and Severus' eyes flashed briefly before the expression was gone just as quickly as it had come. "Perhaps. I have given him no reason to distrust me. But he is the Dark Lord. If he did not see a reason to summon me, then there's nothing I can do."

"Can you tell us the date of the next meeting?" questioned Kingsley Shacklebot and Severus shook his head slowly. "The Dark Lord does not plan dates. If he wants his inner circle present, he'll call them at his own pace. But, I do know that the Death Eaters that have been freed from Azkaban are taking a resting period. There will be no attacks for two and a half weeks. After that..I can't say for certain what will happen." said the Slytherin Head of House and murmurs erupted all around.

"Two weeks..what's happening in two weeks that made the Dark Lord order a resting period?" said Charlie, though he didn't sound too concerned.

"Nothing. It's common sense. If any of you were in a place such as Azkaban I would give you time to rest your body and your mind. Can you imagine the state those Death Eaters are in? The Dark Lord will need capable soldiers. A soldier that is broken in the mind is broken in the body." murmured Dumbledore and there were nods of agreement from the elder aurors.