Rage (Tom)

Rage (Tom)

Tom was no stranger to anger and pain. To sadness.

He had emotions like this at such a young age that he had become used to the feelings.

However, nothing, and he knew nothing, that could compare to the murderous rage he was feeling at that very second after feeling Hadrian's conscious slip from his own. He could no longer feel the presence of the boy at the very back of his mind.

Draco's emotions were all over the place, ranging from angry to sad to pained. There was also guilt there. The boy feeling as if it were somehow his fault that something had happened to Hadrian.

Draco. What happened?

I am not sure. Hadrian had left to use the restroom, he came back a few moments later then sat back down. He was finishing off his butterbeer when he stood up and kind of stumbled. I was calling him but he didn't respond. Then, he lost consciousness.

Someone put something in his drink.

Yes, that's what Severus suspected as well. He's running tests on the drink while Remus and Madam Pomfrey are keeping watch over Hadrian. He's still breathing but he doesn't look good. And I can't feel him at all right now. Anubis won't leave his side and the others look lost. I don't know what to do..

Tom pinched the bridge of his nose as he stood, pacing his office. Tadeus and Lucius stood there, waiting for information as to why his mood was so bad, but he ignored them for the moment.

Draco, you were with him.

At this he could feel remorse from the young blonde and scowled.

Yes but Hadrian was still in a bad mood so I wasn't sitting at his table, just near it. We didn't want to upset him further so we were keeping our distance..

And you thought that despite being targeted by a traitorous rat, that this would be a good idea?

Now Draco had become defensive as he thought back,

Well you can't exactly say it's just our fault. That it's my fault. You're not even here. Hadrian hasn't spoken to anyone, not even me, after that lesson in defense. You didn't think to try harder to speak to him? Or come here yourself in disguise? We may be powerful children but mistakes do happen.

Tom's eyes flashed, the windows in his office shattering, the glass flying across the room dangerously and Lucius raised a small shield over himself and Tadeus to block the shards as they flew by.

Don't make excuses. You are not just children. Especially not you Draco. It doesn't matter how pissed he would be if you continued to crowd him, it would be for his own good. Don't you think I want to be there? It's obvious I have to do everything myself, including protecting the one thing I actually care about in this world. Tell Severus I'll be there soon. And, try not to shorten Hadrian's life span even further.

He snapped back, aware that Draco was getting angry and hurt, but ignored it in favor of cutting the connection.

"My Lord?" uttered Tadeus quietly and the Dark Lord breathed out slowly as he came around his desk, glass crunching beneath his boots. "Lucius, you are taking me to Hogwarts, now. Hadrian has been poisoned or something of the sort. Have Remus and Sirius look for Peter. No one will see Sirius in his Animagus form." the man replied swiftly, opening the door, only to pause at the sight of Sirius standing there.