Another Year, Gone (Plus, an Apology)

"Am I the only one that thinks this year felt a tad faster than the others?" commented Ron as he watched their patronuses dance on the lake. After that first encounter with the dementors, Remus had been kind enough to give them all lessons in learning the spell to drive dementors away. Expecto patronum.

Though once Hadrian had been poisoned, they took a break from the lessons. They did however finish and each of them had their own patronus. Hadrian's wasn't on the lake, though his was the most impressive, an arctic wolf. Draco's happened to be a crow, Ron's a snake, Neville's a koi fish and so on. It was quite the sight to see them running and almost playing on top of the lake.

Hadrian thought this amusing because if this was a real situation, those animals would have killed each other by now.

The last feast of that year had already taken place and like the two years before, Slytherin had won the House Cup with an amazing lead. Because Hadrian had been asleep for a while, the Slytherin Quidditch team had to replace him but he did manage to play in the last few games, winning them more points toward the cup.

They had broken the record for how many points a house could get with nearly seven hundred points in total.

Tom had not attempted to speak to either Hadrian or Draco yet and the raven was fine with this. He figured the man needed time to get his thoughts together and mostly like find something to say that wouldn't damage his ego too much.

Though he did admit, he missed their bond. He and Draco had been feeling empty without him. They doubted they'd be able to last much longer.

"No. It did feel faster than others." sighed Adrian and Graham nodded in agreement. The two were feeling melancholy as at the end of next year, they would no longer be students.

Blaise chuckled at this, smiling as Padma snuggled further into his side, flipping the page of a book she was reading.

Even Fred and George looked perfectly content with Luna napping in Fred's arms while George played in her hair.

"Don't be too jealous of us, yeah? We still have to share Hadrian with the other Hollows." he said, Tracey shooting him a narrow eyed stare to which the others chuckled. "Don't worry. We won't forget you. Besides, we have another year before you leave. Don't be so quick to get sad." said Draco and the elder wizards smiled toward the boy.

"I suppose you're right." said Adrian.

"Has the Dark Lord said anything to you yet?" questioned Lisa and Hadrian sighed. "No. I am not sure what he's thinking at the moment but we have another meeting soon with the dark elves and the vampires. And I've been informed that the Burrow has been complete. The final thing to do is move in a few things and to have a separate space for several house elves. They will only be seen at night. In the mornings and afternoons I expect them to proceed with caution as Dumbledore likes to appear at inconvenient times."

Blaise and Theo noted the edge to Hadrian's voice and wondered if he was affected by Tom's absence more than he let on.

"What happens next year?" asked Lee and Draco shrugged.

"Dad says Hogwarts will be in order half the time. With new classes and teachers..and possibly, new management. Charlie will be our Care For Magical Creatures professor next year and there will be several inspections to make sure that Dumbledore is abiding by the rules that the educational department of the ministry has set for him. If not, there will be consequences. Dad also mentioned that two other schools will be joining us next year for the Tri-Wizard tournament." explained the blonde.