Azkaban and A Reunion

"Hey!"

Came a voice through the cold, dark silence. Water dripped from somewhere above, the splashes of a liquid landing on the stone floor below.

"Hey!"

Tired brown eyes opened slowly and the large, shaggy form of a black dog slowly rose to its paws.

With a heavy breath, the dog shifted and changed into the form of a handsome, yet sickly looking man. Though his surroundings didn't take from the superior air he held. His dark eyes were alight with annoyance and disgust as he stepped closer to the bars that kept him captive in a tiny cell.

An auror was smirking at him from the other side of the bars, his eyes filled with cruel amusement. He thought the man deserved to be there. That he was a criminal just like every other poor soul trapped in that place.

Azkaban.

The prison for wizards.

"What, could you possibly need that interrupted my nap?" he uttered with mild annoyance and the auror scoffed, tossing something down at his feet.

"Dinner's served, dog star. They really should just refer to you as a mutt. You sure do look like one." he grunted and Sirius didn't respond as the man walked off to go pick on other prisoners.

Sirius glanced at the tray of food and scoffed. As if he were stupid enough to fall for that. He knew what they were trying to do. They were trying to poison him. Kill him off. It was most likely on Dumbledore's orders.

But being an Animagus had its perks. He could smell the poison even in human form.

Unfortunately, because he didn't dare trust the food they tried to feed him, he was weak from starvation. He just barely managed to get water from the small drops that fell through the cracks in the ceiling. He didn't trust the water they tried to give him either.

He stepped away from the bars and shuffled over to his corner where no one could see him in his Animagus form. Most of the time he was in that form, especially when the dementors were around. They didn't feed off of animal emotions so they passed him often.

He had his wand, but even though his magic was powerful, he was too weak to cast any spells. His eyes became sad, almost hopeless as he glanced over at the marks in the wall. The marks he had made, counting the years he had been there.

Eleven years and seven months exactly. That was eleven birthdays he missed. Soon to be twelve. He wondered what Hadrian looked like now. If he was with Remus or at least someone trustworthy. If his Lord had...

He paused in his thoughts, his eyes landing on the sleeve of his left arm.

How had he forgotten?

He lifted his sleeve slowly and his brown eyes widened when he saw that his dark mark was alive again. The skull and snake seeming to move across his skin. Voldemort was back. Which meant that...he would be free soon.

He would be able to see his pup. All he had to do was wait...

"Wait for how much longer?" he muttered, a strength he hadn't felt in a long time over coming him. Why hadn't he thought of this before?

It's risky, is what Remus would say.

Idiotic, Severus' words.

Brave, or perhaps plain foolish, Lucius' snobbish voice in his head. The dog star chuckled and stuffed his wand into his robe pocket, pulling his sleeve back down. He shifted into his dog form, then slipped through the bars of his cell.