The Change in Hogwarts

It was an odd sight that Albus Dumbledore awakened to just days after Filch's cat had been petrified.

The students of Ravenclaw, Slytherin and Hufflepuff house were sitting together. Not only that, but getting along. Their tables were a mixture of green, blue and yellow. With little to no Gryffindors in their mix, only the figure of Lee Jordan.

"Minerva, what is the meaning of this?" he muttered from the Head Table as he observed the students interact. And at the center of it, was Hadrian Black. The boy was having a conversation with Cedric Diggory at the moment, the elder boy nodding along to what the raven was saying.

Seated around him were his usual group of friends, with the addition of students that were known to be popular among their houses.

Sebastian Emrys, Adrian Pucey, Graham Montague, Susan Bones, Lisa Turpin, Wayne Hopkins, Ginny Weasley, Daphne Greengrass and Tracey Davis. Though he noticed that Sebastian himself was seated beside Hadrian's friends, while the others were seated a bit further down.

Almost as if they were two different groups entirely.

"I'm not sure. It's quite surprising. So is this." stated the Gryffindor Head of House, holding out a letter and Dumbledore took the letter, glancing at Hadrian once more then opening it to read.

To Albus Dumbledore,

It has come to our attention that a few of the advanced classes that are offered in Hogwarts are in need of more staff. To deal with this, we have employed several teachers of our choosing to help where they can. They will take any classrooms not occupied.

Pertaining this change, we ask that you make it clear which advanced classes students can take once again and who will be teaching those classes.

Regards,

Lucius Malfoy

Albus' expression faltered and for a quick moment he felt agitation rushing up his spine, then quickly reigned in the emotion, staring blankly at the paper.

"They're referring to classes such as runes." said McGonagall. "Yes and others that almost no one takes. No one but Hadrian Black and his friends..even now, Sinistra has mentioned that a few students that associate themselves with Hadrian are asking to take classes that aren't even apart of the curriculum anymore." he responded, frowning as he read the list of classes Lucius had added just in case the man "forgot", like the great wizard was known to often do.

"Well this is wonderful! Wouldn't you agree?" remarked Flitwick and McGonagall nodded. "Yes. I think it will make it possible for the muggleborn students to understand the purebloods more. As well as make it easier for them once they graduate. I've noticed that a lot of my older students have questions about jobs other than the ones they can do in the ministry."

Albus Dumbledore remained silent as the professors began to discuss the addition of the older classes to Hogwarts once again. Classes that Albus himself had gotten ridden of for the exact purpose of keeping the children from going dark.

His eyes met the luminous green of Hadrian and the boy raised a brow, as if to say, "Something on your mind, sir?"

Albus just smiled back in return. Fine. He won this time. But the great wizard would not let him win again.